Car Shampoo

Bodywork & Interior problems
DIM4762

Post by DIM4762 »

Ok guys, which car shampoo do you recommend?I'm currently using Meguiars Gold Class but just wonder if there anything better that you guys can recommend.I look forward to your replys.

Donkey

Post by Donkey »

I used to use Fairy liquid and get a punch from a bodywork man back in the days trainees used to expect a punch or a smack around head as part of trainingDidnt think of the salt content and abrasive qualitys although did used to get dirt off easy
Acenta

Post by Acenta »

[quote="DIM4762"]Ok guys, which car shampoo do you recommend?I'm currently using Meguiars Gold Class but just wonder if there anything better that you guys can recommend.I look forward to your replys.[/QUOTE]
Been using Gold Class now for about 10 years along with their Gold Class polish. really good products and economical in use. Also use a Simonize car shampoo, got it from Halfords, 5 litre blue bottle (I think), much cheaper than Gold Class yet it still seems to work a treat. Got some magazine bet buy sticker on it if I remember correctly.
Graham452

Post by Graham452 »

I'm currently using Lather by Auto Finesse. After one wash, I'm pretty happy with it. For years I have used AutoGlym Bodywork Conditioner Shampoo, but fancied trying the Auto Finesse stuff!I'm also trying out a few other Auto Finesse products. I was impressed with their Citrus Power de-greasing pre-cleaner. Smells lovely too! I also like the Gloss tyre dressing, however, I'm not sure about their Imperial wheel cleaner, jury's still out on that one!
Owner of a 1.2 DIG-T Acenta Premium in Gun Metallic
Proac

Post by Proac »

I have started to use Meguiar's Wash & Wax Anywhere and found it brilliant http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B006FUT0CS/r ... x+Anywhere it brings the QQ body work up great
Bronze Acenta Premium
supergrover

Post by supergrover »

Proac, what's your method with that spray? Just rinse the car then spray on and rinse off?
1.5dci Acenta Black with Smart Vision and DIY Chrome Pack
Proac

Post by Proac »

If the car is covered in mud then hose down pressure wash etc if its just every day dust, dirt, use this you can even use it on the windows and plastic its great stuff I use it in conjunction with Armor all shield http://www.amazon.co.uk/ArmorAll-SHIELD ... all+shield
Bronze Acenta Premium
supergrover

Post by supergrover »

Yep +1 as regards Armorall Shield, it's great stuff, lasts for ages and makes it easier to get the dirt off!
1.5dci Acenta Black with Smart Vision and DIY Chrome Pack
White Tekna

Post by White Tekna »

Nice subject car shampoo I'm using is AM Bubbles followed by auto finese Tough Prep
Creates a perfectly clean oil free surface for sealants to bond to
Followed by auto finese Tough Coat the finish it gives on my storm white paint is stunning
If you got white paint you can't go wrong with the above
DIM4762

Post by DIM4762 »

Hi all,Thanks all very much for your advice.