Boot Grab Handle

Bodywork & Interior problems
Stevethegreatgolfer

Post by Stevethegreatgolfer »

Do I detect the gentle creeping of euphemism?
Storm White Tekna CVT - Collected on 23 August 2014.

F1 Bob

Post by F1 Bob »

[quote="Stevethegreatgolfer"]Do I detect the gentle creeping of euphemism?[/QUOTE]
Yes you b****y well do!
Pulsar 1.5 dCi Tekna in Bronze
MadCar

Post by MadCar »

At least the new one the boot opens higher which I'm looking forward to. No longer will the corner of the boot try to take my eye / ear / forehead from by body as I approach it when out shopping with my wife. I've got a powered boot on my car and its fantastic, really wouldn't want to be without it if I had a hatch or any car for that matter. Lazy maybe but its great to press the key as you approach to then throw things into the boot, press the close button and walk into the car as its closing.
Wheelie Bealie

Post by Wheelie Bealie »

[quote="Wheelie Bealie"]
I'm fed up of getting dirty fingers from a mucky back end, deffo much easier and cleaner to go for the hole...[/QUOTE][quote="Stevethegreatgolfer"]Do I detect the gentle creeping of euphemism?[/QUOTE] Heck no, I simply stated that I don't like getting dirty fingers from a mucky back end, especially when there is a nice clean hole to be used... Read into that what you will but if anyone is offended it's of your own doing, I havn't taken the thread off topic to a filthy level, where anyone goes with that in the privacy their own mind is up to them...

Wheelie Bealie2014-12-18 12:09:54
2014 1.5dCi Tekna (Manual)
Jhare

Post by Jhare »

I used to have the same problem as MadCar with my old Qashqai. I thought I was the only person in the world to be so stupid to not learn that the hatchback didn't lift high enough to miss my head. Now someone else has come out about it, I don't feel quite as bad...... just slightly punch drunk! Also envious about the X Trail powered tailgate. I do like my gadgets and/or boot grab handles. My old Mazda 5 had two.
2014 Tekna 1.2 DIG-T in Magnetic Red
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

One point to make about the higher lifting boot hatch.... low height roofs in car parks/garages!!
Derek

Post by Derek »

Moan moan moan..That's all some people do about the most trivial of things
TC3

Post by TC3 »

[quote="Derek"]Moan moan moan..That's all some people do about the most trivial of things[/QUOTE]
Agree with you completely .... can not believe how many people moan about so many things ... why buy the bloody car!
Tony ... 1.5 Acenta Premium in Gunmetal

PeterL

Post by PeterL »

[quote="Derek"]Moan moan moan..That's all some people do about the most trivial of things[/QUOTE]Hopefully you weren't, in which case you'll be a breath of fresh air on here. Actually, that's not really true, it's not a bad Forum at all, just a few GOM. Mention of the CVT seemingly excites some to forget their manners but apart from that not a bad place - welcome!
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.
Deleted User 1571

Post by Deleted User 1571 »

Can't honestly remember any car that has had a second hole for pulling the tailgate down. I've had a few, to say the least.I've got a power opening/closing tailgate on the Honda and very impressive it is too. But half the time I open it manually and sometimes close manually as well. The Ford idea is the real deal, where you can open the tailgate with your foot if the key is in your pocket.The Qashqai tailgate does indeed open impressively high. I have very few complaints about the car. Only one in fact, and it is not one that I've heard anyone else complain about, and it isn't really a fault, more an observation. So it must be me.