led interior lights

Bodywork & Interior problems
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

BCM Excuse:I was given an "alleged damaged" BCM as reason why upgraded horns I had fitted, were preventing the FEB S/ware update (Recall); 2 attempts so far.Horns use original horn connectors, but use a new relay, which has direct (fused)power supply. Nissan Tec Support seeking solution, as I know from this forum, many others have changedthe inadequate supplied squeaker. Therefore, other modifiers should encounter same issue.

Gel2015-01-09 20:39:30
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Hi Gel, this should be interesting as I had our Hella Horns transferred from the Juke to the QQ by our Nissan Dealer. Ours is booked in on Jan 19th for the Recall FEB Upgrade, let's see how we progress - Dave.
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Gel

Post by Gel »

Indeed; assume yours has new horn relay too Dave. Nissan Tec have suggested (to dealer) I need some laser part added; await to hear from dealer.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
niphotos

Post by niphotos »

After seeing the posts about the interior led lights and the difference they made , i went into my local car acc shop and found them at £4.99 each , handed them to the owner and said these are to replace the interior light s, ok ?? not really sad the owner , got a letter about these going on fire !!..ok walked out without buying , but on second thoughts if it is the case about them going on fire , why the hell is he selling them , ps , don't know the brand !!....
1.5 DCI Accenta Premium Gun metal grey
PeterL

Post by PeterL »

[quote="niphotos"] After seeing the posts about the interior led lights and the difference they made , i went into my local car acc shop and found them at £4.99 each , handed them to the owner and said these are to replace the interior light s, ok ?? not really sad the owner , got a letter about these going on fire !!..ok walked out without buying , but on second thoughts if it is the case about them going on fire , why the hell is he selling them , ps , don't know the brand !!....[/QUOTE]There you have it - the small business trader knows his subject inside out and will always provide an honest answer - buyer beware must, or perhaps should, be tattooed on his forehead!
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.
duncho

Post by duncho »

[quote="Gel"]
Indeed; assume yours has new horn relay too Dave. Nissan Tec have suggested (to dealer) I need some laser part added; await to hear from dealer.[/QUOTE]
It's odd that everyone mentions laser... There is no laser used in Qashqai J11. FEB uses microwave length radar. The only reason you can see "laser" mentioned in dealers' paperwork is, because Nissan Consult III diagnostic software has button called "Radar/Laser" which is mentioned in diagnostic report handled to customer.
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
Marti

Post by Marti »

Our outcome they went back to dealer who is still saying we fitted led bulbs and spiked bcm although they are now blaming our fitting them.

When you mention Nissan Tech do you have a number or address I would like impartial advice rather than from my dealer.
Gel

Post by Gel »

I have no contact with 'Nissan Tech' ; they've only been referenced to by the dealer's servicing team.
The BCM does monitor lighting amongst other items, though not the car horns to best of my knowledge. Perhaps someone can advise whether the QQ shows a warning if a lamp blowsGel2015-02-03 17:29:13