led interior lights

Bodywork & Interior problems
Marti

Post by Marti »

Anyone had problems with interior led lights. We have changed interior bulbs for LEDs but garage says this will affect the communication system ????

Eziv2730

Post by Eziv2730 »

I have changed and everything is fine. Oh, except that the side ones in my Tekna are dimly lit even when they are supposed to be off. I don't mind it; in fact I kind of like it.
White J11 Qashqai Tekna 1.6 CVT
Marti

Post by Marti »

Thanks we have a 360 old model.
PeterL

Post by PeterL »

[quote="Eziv2730"] I have changed and everything is fine. Oh, except that the side ones in my Tekna are dimly lit even when they are supposed to be off. I don't mind it; in fact I kind of like it.A [/QUOTE] Not sure why but that reminds me of an often quoted " ...as dim as a Toc - H lamp" PeterL2014-12-19 21:31:04
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.
Eziv2730

Post by Eziv2730 »

I hope that wasn't meant to be an insult :)
White J11 Qashqai Tekna 1.6 CVT
duncho

Post by duncho »

[quote="Marti"] Anyone had problems with interior led lights. We have changed interior bulbs for LEDs but garage says this will affect the communication system ???? [/QUOTE]

Qashqai has no CANBUS bulb control system! You should ask them whether using energy saving bulbs in their household has also affect on communication system...
Don't take your car there if they have no knowledge of NISSAN basic specifics. I wouldn't trust them to do anything on my car.
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

I think Duncho knows more about the workings of Nissan cars than most dealers, his comments are correct and the chap who told you it would affect the communications hasn't a clue what he is talking about... Ask him how it would affect it.Strangely my LED lights above the interior mirror also continually glow dimly when they should be off. The rear ones and the boot one do not, but they are such an improvement, I think they are great.When I had my Prius I was advised by the dealer not to fit LED bulbs (interior and exterior) as it affected the canbus, I still fitted them and three years later they were still working. I also had no adverse effects in my Yeti which did have a canbus system. So don't worry
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Marti, if you are interested in the Interior LED Lighting please take a look at what we done with our QQ. I have as yet never had a Problem with this conversion and it has proved to be a good improvement on the Std. Nissan lighting.
Here it is go to > "Gallery" / "Berlin Tekna Interior Lighting" or use "Search" - hope this is of some help to you Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Marti

Post by Marti »

This was the response from Nissan

Thank you for contacting Nissan Customer Services.

I would advise you not to change over the bulbs for the vehicle interior without first consulting a Nissan dealer. The use of LED bulbs inside the vehicle may present a safety risk as they may not be compatible with the vehicle's electrical system.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions.
Marti

Post by Marti »

Personally I can't see any safety issues??? Plus obviously our dealer doesn't have as much knowledge as you guys, thanks.