led interior lights

Bodywork & Interior problems
Marti

Post by Marti »

My reason for asking is that our boot light isn't working as it should as it goes on with interior lights and times out with them. We took it to our dealer after having fitted led's and his response was that it had affected the communication between the switch.

The problem had existed before we fitted the LEDs hence I was trying to check if anyone had issues since I believe they are talking nonsense to get out of fixing it under warranty

Kentishman

Post by Kentishman »

I've long since learned if you modify any peace of equipment that you have bought new you give the manufacturer a get out of jail free card if they want to use it. Past experience has shown me change at your peril no matter how minor you think it may be.
Tekna 1.6 CVT Nightshade
duncho

Post by duncho »

[quote="Marti"] My reason for asking is that our boot light isn't working as it should as it goes on with interior lights and times out with them. We took it to our dealer after having fitted led's and his response was that it had affected the communication between the switch.

The problem had existed before we fitted the LEDs hence I was trying to check if anyone had issues since I believe they are talking nonsense to get out of fixing it under warranty[/QUOTE]

There is nothing wrong with your interior lights, it was designed to behave this way. Mine works exactly the same. There is 15 min. timeout set in order to protect the battery, which switch all interior lights off if you left them on.
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
Marti

Post by Marti »

Light doesn't go on for 15mins but only for the time the side doors are open. Also manual says boot light should go on when boot opens which it doesn't if you return to the car and open boot.
Marti

Post by Marti »

Will see what happens when I set the interior light to on instead of auto.
Marti

Post by Marti »

Light in boot still goes off times with auto while I can set interior to on. Think it must be boot switch.
Marti

Post by Marti »

Well Nissan and dealer have taken the stance that the led bulbs have put a spike to the bcm and I need a new bcm!
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

[quote="Marti"]Well Nissan and dealer have taken the stance that the led bulbs have put a spike to the bcm and I need a new bcm! [/QUOTE]
Think someone is trying this on somewhat, this is what the Nissan BCM controls, surely if faulty other items than the boot light would be affected. System Description Nissan BCM (Body Control Module) controls the operation of various electrical units installed on the vehicle.BCM FUNCTION BCM has a combination switch reading function for reading the operation of combination switches (light, wiper washer, turn signal) in addition to the function for controlling the operation of various electrical components. Also, it functions as an interface that receives signals from the A/C control unit, and sends signals to ECM using CAN communication.SYSTEMS CONTROLLED BY BCM DIRECTLY Power door lock system. Remote keyless entry system. Electric Power Windows Sunroof system. Room lamp timer. Warning chime system.Turn signal and hazard warning lamps system. Front wiper and washer system. Rear wiper and washer system.
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
duncho

Post by duncho »

Sorry to say, but that statement is such a bullsh*t :D
There is NO WAY that you damage BCM, by replacing regular bulbs with LED. I'm even more supprised that Nissan said that too, which is hard to believe to be honest. Because BCM has protective diode on each MOS-FET switched output and on non MOS-FET controlled outputs there is a relay, which you cannot damage in any way.
I'm of the opinion that BCM was near to end of its life due to production defect and you were extremly lucky that this fault has occurred during warranty and not after :)
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
Marti

Post by Marti »

Thanks guys we know we are right but can't prove it. Although I will go back to dealer and try again.