Mud from road comming inside

Bodywork & Interior problems
duncho

Post by duncho »

I'm not saying that Nissan has no anti-corrosion treatment. I'm looking on the facts only - example pictured above. Number of similar examples you can see by yourself when you lift up and look at your own car. There are people on the forum who love the car so much that they will not accept any rust even if you could see through it. 12-year corrosion warranty is shown on a paper only. Just check details to see what is excluded. The manufacturer can still use an argument against your warranty claim and say that you didn't take a proper care of your car. No doubt they will do so, just see yourself how people (owners) have to fight with dealers to have even small issues fixed. Lucky those who have no issues with the car and then also not with dealerships. It's obvious that dealer is glad to see you again when you are happy and not when you are coming back to get fixed something.Coming back to the topic. Splink, there is a fix for your problem, which I also had on my car. When I installed mud flaps the dirt on inner door frame has gone for good :)
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!

QQ013

Post by QQ013 »

[quote"]] 12-year corrosion warranty is shown on a paper only. Just check details to see what is excluded [/quote"]]If there's rust in the parts shown on the (swedish) picture Nissan has to take corrective action. There's no way you can taken "proper care " in those internal parts.But rust on some parts is not important, only optical. Like the wishbone you showed. It will take centurys to corroded away.
QQ 1.6Dig-T Tekna
duncho

Post by duncho »

Yes, I agree with you. When I showed my dealer water dropping inside in the door and on the speaker, they said it's normal. I could already see marks of rust building up on some areas of inner door surface. That was normal too. At the end, I don't care, i anyhow plan to sell the car after 4 years.
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
Deleted User 1571

Post by Deleted User 1571 »

[quote="Qash"][quote="Quacker"][quote="Splink"] [quote="Beardyman"] ... see how much crap had found its way into the gaps at the lower edges of all 4 doors. [/QUOTE] In my picture of the inside you can see that mud has been thrown up through the gap to places above the rubber seals. Gravity then causes the mud to fall down onto the seal. Once mud is trapped between the seal and the body, the seal becomes ineffective. I'm still hoping another member might know of a remedy.[/QUOTE]
Bare metal? Had they been on the meths when they wrote that? The whole bodyshell is totally immersed in paint and it is electrostatically charged while doing so to ensure that paint gets to even the remotest corners of all box sections. What you see there is the primer, which is the rust protection. The colour coat, as with most cars from the last 25 years, is topically applied by spray guns with colour for decoration. It is not the primary corrosion protection.Since Qashqai has been made for a number of years now, how many rusty ones have you seen? None? It is very rare indeed to find rust on the body of any cars these days, although the Indian made Dacia Duster has had a problem and previous model British build Honda Civic had a minor issue with paint protection of the roof panel.[/QUOTE]
Dacia Duster is not manufactured in India but in Romania.Those who wrote the article about rust in the QQ are experts in their field who have assessed all cars sold in Europe and know what they're doing. And because the magazine is not from Britain they dare to write negative things about the QQ. If you do not see rust on the car does not mean that rust does not exist, just that it is not visible.Anyway, I do not mean that Nissan is worse than another, but many companies that sell their cars in Scandinavia have chosen to make additional protection when importing and Nissan did not even want to talk about it.[/QUOTE]
Dacia Duster right hand drive was imported from India until about six months ago. Fact.
Deleted User 1571

[quote="duncho"][quote="Quacker"][quote="Splink"] [quote="Beardyman"] ... see how much crap had found its way into the gaps at the lower edges of all 4 doors. [/QUOTE] In my picture of the inside you can see that mud has been thrown up through the gap to places above the rubber seals. Gravity then causes the mud to fall down onto the seal. Once mud is trapped between the seal and the body, the seal becomes ineffective. I'm still hoping another member might know of a remedy.[/QUOTE]
Bare metal? Had they been on the meths when they wrote that? The whole bodyshell is totally immersed in paint and it is electrostatically charged while doing so to ensure that paint gets to even the remotest corners of all box sections. What you see there is the primer, which is the rust protection. The colour coat, as with most cars from the last 25 years, is topically applied by spray guns with colour for decoration. It is not the primary corrosion protection.Since Qashqai has been made for a number of years now, how many rusty ones have you seen? None? It is very rare indeed to find rust on the body of any cars these days, although the Indian made Dacia Duster has had a problem and previous model British build Honda Civic had a minor issue with paint protection of the roof panel.[/QUOTE]
Quacker,my old 2007 Qashqai was badly corroded from the bottom. Before I sold it I went to Nissan dealership for final inspection to check that everything is fully functional which I wanted to handle then to a buyer. Nissan technician said that he saw QQ's under body corroded, but mine was more than usual. Also front and rear axle. Before I sold it I lifted up and applied anti-corrosion paint on it. If you lift up new QQ, you can find many spots where corrosion is already built up. If you have 1.6 dCi model, it's enough just to open bonnet and check a metal engine holder. Mine was rusty before I even signed papers in day one. Small example on QQ J11 rust:
[/QUOTE]
Not had many new cars? They are all like that sir! It will take many decades for that metal to seriously corrode. I would be more concerned about the black bracket that is vertical on the right of the picture although is actually horizontal on the car, being the bottom suspension wishbone. Although no rust is present in the picture, 'japanned' black finish is not particularlydurable, although universally used. I'm willing to bet that this bracket will corrode to a heap of oxide well before the cast parts you are worried about. It will take between 15 and 20 years though, so don't hold your breath.
Quacker2015-03-10 20:08:53
Deleted User 1571

Update to my post mentioning Dacia Duster. It seems that it is still being imported from India, despite my previous understanding that it was currently being sourced from Romania.From http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/dacia/dust ... iftChennai is, of course, the Indian Renault plant.QUOTEDue to be officially unveiled at the Frankfurt Motor Show, the new-look Duster is for European left hand drive markets only. The plant in Chennai that produces right-hand drive Dusters isn't due to start producing facelifted models for a couple of years.Read more: http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/dacia/dust ... 2kALzThere are conflicting reports as to their current source though, such as this one following. What they all agree on is that until very recently it was imported from India. I would be surprised if they bothered making right hand drive vehicles in Romania, but read belowhttp://www.carscoops.com/2014/12/widespread-co ... es-uk.html
Quacker2015-03-11 21:19:45
Splink

Post by Splink »

[quote="duncho"] Splink, there is a fix for your problem, which I also had on my car. When I installed mud flaps the dirt on inner door frame has gone for good :)[/QUOTE] Thank you duncho. I was wondering whether mud flaps would do the job. In the meantime I've improvised and fitted on either side small shields made from heat formed 1mm plastic sheet. If I spot mud again on the inner door I'll follow your lead.
1.2 DIG-T Acenta 2014
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Splink, as duncho mentioned this is the remedy. We had the Mud Flaps installed from New and I have never seen this problem and the QQ is cleaned every 3 weeks, they are worth the investment - Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Florinm

Post by Florinm »

[quote="Quacker"]Update to my post mentioning Dacia Duster. It seems that it is still being imported from India, despite my previous understanding that it was currently being sourced from Romania.From http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/dacia/dust ... iftChennai is, of course, the Indian Renault plant.
[/QUOTE]
Dacia Duster for UK was produced indeed in India (only for UK and right-hand drive markets, for rest of markets it was produced in Romania). However, in the last months they started to produce in Romania also the Dusters for UK (quality in this factory is much better than in India so probably this was the reason). I've driven both old Duster and Duster facelift and the facelift version is a very good car, improved in many aspects than Duster 1.
Deleted User 1571

Thank you for confirming my understanding of the situation. Despite one of those web sites claiming that we would not get the facelift model, due to UK models continuing to be made in India where they will not be facelifting for quite some time, I was aware that Dacia are advertising the facelift model already in the UK, therefore current units are indeed sourced from Romania.