Door pads creaking

Bodywork & Interior problems
draggo

Post by draggo »

Has anyone noticed that the door pads of the front doors make a creaking sound? Especially when you push the side of the armrest.
Is there a solution to fix it?
Nissan Qashqai 2014 1,6 dCi Xtronic Safety Pack Connect

duncho

Post by duncho »

Yep, we did notice. Here is the quick fix:http://www.qashqaiownersclub.co.uk/foru ... 2015-02-23 11:29:16
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
AlleyCat

Post by AlleyCat »

Link doesn't appear to link properly duncho :(
Nissan no more...
duncho

Post by duncho »

There is something wrong with the website, when I insert URLs via mobile. I fixed it, now the link above works. I also copy/paste what causes the noise. For details, please refer to the link in my first post.Here is the "weak point"TESA automotive cloth tape applied on inner edge of the door panel:Make sure is not visible from outside:

AlleyCat

Post by AlleyCat »

ta :)
Nissan no more...
draggo

Post by draggo »

Is there somewhere tips how to remove a door panel?I broke something when I removed a door panel on my old Ford Galaxy and I do not wanna break my new car. :)
Nissan Qashqai 2014 1,6 dCi Xtronic Safety Pack Connect
iceman GR

Post by iceman GR »

All of the DIY solutions are great and many thanks to those putting thought and effort realising them but aren't there supposed to be any TSBs on them? Come one Nissan guys if you can't find the solution by yourselves check the forum, try it and issue a TSB or a recall!
Qashqai 1,5, Acenta Premium, Black, Chrome Premium Pack, Side Chrome, Roof Rails (11/2014) SOLD 1/2017
Deleted User 1571

Post by Deleted User 1571 »

[quote="iceman GR"]All of the DIY solutions are great and many thanks to those putting thought and effort realising them but aren't there supposed to be any TSBs on them? Come one Nissan guys if you can't find the solution by yourselves check the forum, try it and issue a TSB or a recall! [/QUOTE]
There surely must be.
duncho

Post by duncho »

[quote="draggo"]Is there somewhere tips how to remove a door panel?I broke something when I removed a door panel on my old Ford Galaxy and I do not wanna break my new car. :)[/QUOTE]
There is, here you go : uploads/770/Door_trim_removal.pdf

FoxE

Post by FoxE »

Hi duncho. That .pdf was very informative - thank you for the link.Is there something similar for the removal of the panel around the air conditioning/radio/etc? I have a rattle in there somewhere but I am loathe to attempt removal of the panel without knowing where the clips, etc., are.Cheers
2014 Nissan Qashqai ST (J11) | 2 litre | Ivory Pearl (QAB) | Xtronic CVT | New Zealand