Berlin Tekna Hood Strut Kit

Bodywork & Interior problems
Beardyman

Post by Beardyman »

Dave, thanks for the info. I probably won't be in the market for the struts at the moment anyway - just nice to know such a thing is available. I agree with Gel, there could be a market for an existing supplier to add these to their range.
1.2 DiG-T TEKNA petrol manual panoramic, nightshade. Easy-Lift bonnet gas strut kit.
QDay 28.11.2014

duncho

Post by duncho »

Guys, you can try order it online. I bought mine and Dave's while I was at business trip in Moscow. You will most likely need to pay via Western Union. At a time when I bought mine, it was not possible to ship it to EU due to embargo and restrictions. I heard it should be possible now.
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

Is there any sort of make/model on the struts? I wonder if they could be sourced directly from manu, or even a suitable alternative that's easier to source? a‚¬120 is around £87 (as of this post). If enough people are interested could be worth trying to organise some sort of group buy?
Wheelie Bealie

Post by Wheelie Bealie »

If you go online there are loads of comapnies that seel the struts, the ones used in this kit are readily available.Dave or Duncho, can you tell me what force the struts are, I can get hold of the correct size, stroke etc but just need to know what force they are. IIRC when I looked last night you can get the correct sized strut for £16 + VAT so that's approx £40 for hte two struts, can#t imagine the four end fittings required will amount to a great deal, in fact one online strut supplier I looked at even offered free end fittings! A couple of close up pics of them and I reckon they could easily be had.
2014 1.5dCi Tekna (Manual)
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

Interesting!
duncho

Post by duncho »

It should be 260Nm, but weaker (250/240Nm) would do the job as well. If you order it from Russia directly it is much cheaper than I sold those I had. I have no experience ordering them online though. Group order is a good idea (count VAT and customs yet).
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
Wheelie Bealie

Post by Wheelie Bealie »

2014 1.5dCi Tekna (Manual)
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Following with interest. Id be up for a group buy if it happens.
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Well duncho and me thought this might "Take Off" and it is good to see members have an interest. Give me a while as I am on the Road at present and I will get the Co. (Not the Co. mentioned by Wheelie Bealie) I used in the UK for some of these parts. But you will need to get some Hood Brackets knocked up. Now whether a UK Co. would be interested in knocking up a Kit is worth following up.
Splank, the idea of a Group Buy is great as this was one of the plus points on the Juke Forum and it can save Members some well earned money - Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Just to keep you all in the picture. I have contacted the UK Co. that I bought some parts from and they are interested in a "Group Buy" for a QQ Strut Kit. I have sent the information that I posted on the web plus some more to the Co. and to Steve (Splank) who will be the contact person. It is better in my opinion that the "Wheeling & Dealing" goes through one person. I hope it all turns out OK for the ones that are interested so we will see how things proceed, hopefully positive ! - Thanks for your Time Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken