Berlin Tekna Hood Strut Kit

Bodywork & Interior problems
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Before we purchased the QQ Tekna we had a Juke Tekna and I spent months searching, contacting, phoning suppliers of Hood Strut Kits in Europe, UK, US without success. In the end I found a Japanese Supplier that could knock up a Kit and it turned out to be a worthwhile modification.
Since receiving the QQ I have also been looking for a J11 Kit but with no luck until a couple of weeks ago when "duncho" (Thanks to him) mentioned he had a Kit available and I snapped the offer up. The Kit has now been installed and some minor changes took place but in the end it all turned out OK and functions fully. The Kit is from a Russian Manufacturer and therefore the Instructions also, but I have documented my installation procedure - see below if interested !.
The Hood Strut Kit for the new Nissan Qashqai J11 Model 2014 includes 2x Gas Springs, Mounting Brackets along with Mounting Hardware and attached illustrated Installation Instructions (in Russian). The Gas Springs are designed in compression and have a return damping of the exact set opening dimension of the Nissan Qashqai.
The Kit can be easily installed using the existing Nissan Bolts and fixing holes without additional drilling. Installation time is approx 15 minutes.

Take a look and see what you think ! - Dave

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken

duncho

Post by duncho »

Nicely written instructions Dave! You could offer this to the manufacturer and get some struts in return
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
Beardyman

Post by Beardyman »

Very impressive (especially the 'not having to drill new holes" part!)Could I ask how much they cost (delivered)?Thanks
1.2 DiG-T TEKNA petrol manual panoramic, nightshade. Easy-Lift bonnet gas strut kit.
QDay 28.11.2014
duncho

Post by duncho »

Beardyman, it was 120,- EUR.

DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Beardyman, I knew duncho would answer I was just the End User and it is better when the answer comes from the Middle Man who supplied them. OK it seems a lot but it is a nice option but again a Personal preference - Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
duncho

Post by duncho »

I agree Dave. I could still live with opening heavy bonnet on QQ J10, but the bonnet on J11 is ridiculously heavy, so I had to have hood struts no matter what. I love the way how easy it opens now.

Beardyman

Post by Beardyman »

Dave, not sure that they are "too expensive". As Duncho said, the bonnet on the J11 is too heavy without something like this. Is there a European distributor or is Duncho setting up a sideline? I'll probably not buy any for now but it's a nice option to have.
1.2 DiG-T TEKNA petrol manual panoramic, nightshade. Easy-Lift bonnet gas strut kit.
QDay 28.11.2014
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Dave,good job; does the original support stay in place then??
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Beardyman, there is a manufacturer but in Russia and as I cannot understand this Language it was nice to have the support from duncho. He could most likely supply the website info' but then the problem arises of getting and paying for the parts. I am sure duncho will give you a comment on that point.
Gel, the OEM Bonnet Stay just stays where it is popped into the Hood. It could possibly still be used if needed but mine is about 2 cm too long with the new Struts installed. But do not forget you can also remove the New Kit if needed - Regards Dave
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Thanks Dave; no doubt Nissan will claim interferes with car's electronicsCertainly the bonnet is very heavy, and I wonder if US variant has struts as standard? Hopefully some other entrepreneur in UK or EU will bring set out, so others can benefit;another item Nissan should add to their TO DO list re improvements.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D