Brilliant engineering

Bodywork & Interior problems
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Recall position in park of o/s wiper (RHD) models is for pedestrian safety.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D

Qash

Post by Qash »

I understand the point, it is possible that others have lift arm but only when the car is parked. Even I can lift it only when the vehicle is parked and then the wiper arm is in the zero position and can not reach the damaged area as you can see on the picture.Regarding the painting on the wiper arm, it's definitely nothing important or distracting, just a sign of how high you set the bar in the manufacturing process. And many (most of the) do not put it high in the days automotive industry that is driven by money and not quality.
QQ BUSINESS+ (Tekna 17")1,5 dci
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

oooo - I do apologise - I had not looked close enough! That is a little confusing! Dave did make a point about the wipers may not have been parked properly - however the wipers on the QQ park themselves even with the engine turned off if I recall correctly rather than 'parking' where they are sat when the ignition is cut.... if you get my drift? Even with a 'little tolerance' to the parked position I don't think it would reach. I wonder if then, having the wipers in the service position, whilst blade in the lifted position and then the bonnet being lifted?
iceman GR

Post by iceman GR »

Is it possible to leave the wipers in the service position and turn off the engine ?
Qashqai 1,5, Acenta Premium, Black, Chrome Premium Pack, Side Chrome, Roof Rails (11/2014) SOLD 1/2017
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

Yes. You don't even need to start the engine. Turn on ignition, double tap, turn off and the wipers will stay. In fact, I think they stay like that until you next touch the wiper stalk, even if you take the car for a drive!
TruBrit
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by TruBrit »

[quote="SplanK"]
oooo - I do apologise - I had not looked close enough!A That is a little confusing!A  Dave did make a point about the wipers may not have been parked properly - however the wipers on the QQ park themselves even with the engine turned off if I recall correctly rather than 'parking' where they are sat when the ignition is cut.... if you get my drift?A  Even with a 'little tolerance' to the parked position I don't think it would reach.A I wonder if then, having the wipers in the service position, whilst blade in the lifted position and then the bonnet being lifted?[/QUOTE] I had a bad habit of forgetting to place the wipers back into position on the windscreen after washing the car. I'd lift the bonnet and scrape it against the wipers. Time to get the touch up stick out.
Qash

Post by Qash »

The plot thickens :). I had never had the wipers in the service position, much less that I lifted the hood at the same time. The more I look at it, the less I understand
QQ BUSINESS+ (Tekna 17")1,5 dci