Brilliant engineering

Bodywork & Interior problems
Qash

Post by Qash »

Another piece off brilliant engineering from Nissan
QQ BUSINESS+ (Tekna 17")1,5 dci

Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

Wiper blade hitting bonnet when in the down position and somebody lifts it? This is done by design and there is a FAQ about it (I think!). You need to put the wiper blades into service mode (double tap up the wiper stalk). Loads of cars, including other makes have this design feature
Qash

Post by Qash »

[quote="SplanK"]
Wiper blade hitting bonnet when in the down position and somebody lifts it? This is done by design and there is a FAQ about it (I think!). You need to put the wiper blades into service mode (double tap up the wiper stalk). Loads of cars, including other makes have this design feature[/QUOTE]
I have read it and therefore never tried to lift the wiper blade. It is the result of opening the bonnet to fill the washer fluid and check the oil.
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Qash, it is exactly as Splank has stated the procedure was similiar to what we had on the Juke, use the Service Mode and the Wipers go to the screen center and can be moved away from the screen. I could be wrong but I cannot see how you can damage that Edge by just lifting the Bonnet. What can happen just like your damage is when you clean the QQ / Screen and just Lift the Wiper Arm it will damage the edge shown. On our LH Drive QQ I have just checked and the Arm can Crash the bonnet Edge - Check it out Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Qash

Post by Qash »

I'll do the investigation and apologize to all Nissan engineers if I'm wrong
Qash

Post by Qash »

The investigation showed that both were wrong. New picture shows that the wiper blade makes contact with the hood in a different place and to lift the hood makes no contact with anything.Now the question is where does the damage from? And why have not they painted the entire wiper blade black. When you lift the blade sees unpainted section.Anyway, I was wrong so I apologize all Nissan engineers regarding the hood and wiper blades contact. Other 648 questionable constructions we can discuss separately :)
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Qash, it is likely that the Arm is now in its Zero End position, where as before it could for some reason just have been sitting that little bit higher which then would give you the Marks.
Now regarding your unpainted comment, if you mean the area between the Wiper Arm and Motor Arm. The reason could be that the Arm is sprayed as an Assembly and the paint misses this area as it iscovered or because of the manufacturing tolerances of the two parts the paint is being removed on movement by rubbing of the two parts - Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Id be more worried about all that bright red paint you've spilled on you bonnet!
Qash

Post by Qash »

It looks like they have painted the whole assembly, which is cheating. But most automakers adds very little effort into wiper arm.Dave, your explanation is logical but I have never had the wipers in a different location than zero so I do not understand what's happened.Gvmdaddy, I hope the red color disappears after a few washes
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

Sounds odd... but a couple of explanations..1. It's quite common for the bunch of lads I hang out with to 'be idiots' and lift other mates wipers. Silly, pointless game, but I have had to tell them all that if they do it to mine, their wedding tackle would be removed! 2. Although the practice is reducing, its was not uncommon for flyers to be left under your wiper when left in public car parks. Pont I am trying to make, although you may not have lifted the wiper, somebody else might without your knowledge?? As for the hidden bit of the wiper - that's taking nit picking to an extreme level surely? You will never see it unless you service the wipers!
SplanK2015-03-14 21:36:42