Faulty Shut Line (Bonnet)

Bodywork & Interior problems
Tansy

Post by Tansy »

I bought my brand new QQ 1.2 last July from an on-line car supplier and am generally pleased with it.Today, however, I noticed that the bonnet doesn't fit very well. There is a wider shut line on one side than the other. The vehicle was delivered from a main dealer in the north of England & I live in the south so will be using my local Nissan main dealer for its first service in a few months time.Should I take the vehicle to them before the service for correction or wait and get it done with the service ?Any advice on how to deal with this would be appreciated as I've never dealt with Nissan before.Cheers.Tansy

Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Should have been picked up by pdi inspection by supplying dealer; how come took you so long to notice?
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
Tansy

Post by Tansy »

1. Yes, I agree.2. Not immediately apparent.Now, have you any answer to my question, please ?
Grocer Jack

Post by Grocer Jack »

Tansy, I would suggest that you contact your chosen dealership and inform them of the problem, if you are in no particular rush to have the matter resolved then request that it be rectifed at service. If you make arrangments face to face or over the phone make sure that you backup the comunication with Email or letter and request a response in the same format (for future reference). Hope you get it resolved.
Quashqai 1.6dci Acenta vis tronic pearl black - DOB March 2014 -- Previous Quashqai 1.5dci Acenta (2010)
Tansy

Post by Tansy »

Thank you, G, for that helpful answer. As I said, I ordered the car through a respected on-line discount company who sourced the car from Bristol Street Motors in the north of England. They in turn delivered it to me.I was given a run-down on the controls etc and made a visual bodywork check for any damage but didn't even consider checking shut lines on a brand new vehicle !Without checking my paperwork I feel sure that any warranty work will be covered by any Nissan main dealer as we don't have Bristol Street agent in the area.I shall follow your advice and am looking forward to assessing Nissan's follow-up service . I'll keep the forum informed.Cheers.D
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Tansy, you should have no problems getting this fixed at your service interval as it is a Guarantee Point, it could be a Build problem or just loose. As mentioned I would also recommend documenting the problem with pics and if you are really concerned put all the facts to NCS on an email and you will get an official Nissan Ref. No. - Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Tansy

Post by Tansy »

Thanks, Dave. That's very good advice.Tansy.
TeknaBJ

Post by TeknaBJ »

Do not worry Tansy this problem is easily rectified as those of us (from another forum) would testify having visited the factory and seen the method used! I too had this problem on my first qashqai but I had been for warned by a previous post on the forum and was looking out for it. I was then taken in to the workshop and watched while the problem was sorted
Qash

Post by Qash »

Neither I nor the Nissan workshop managed to fix mine because it was wider on both sides. Then I checked the parking lot outside the dealer and found some that were ok but most of them had the hood wider than the wheel arches.It's really bad explanation but you might understand :)
QQ BUSINESS+ (Tekna 17")1,5 dci
Deleted User 1571

Post by Deleted User 1571 »

Pictures would help. ;-)