Installation of Genuine Nissan Qashqai Boot Trunk

Bodywork & Interior problems
marcflores

Post by marcflores »

Hi guys,I'm thinking of ordering this item from one of two vendors:http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Nissa ... ca0f1Silly question time; does this just get installed using 3M adhesive tape or similar and is that included with the item?**Can an admin/mod add 'protector' to the end of the thread title, please? Thanks**
marcflores2015-04-01 22:31:42
2015 QQ Tekna 1.2 DIG-T / Blade Silver / Ice Chrome Premium Pack / Ice Chrome Style Pack / Panoramic Roof / Silver AlloyGators / Heko Wind Deflectors

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

marcflores, my question is do you need these for the Old QQ J10 or the New QQ J11. The reason I ask is because we have the inner Guards on our J11 but there are two, positioned each side of the lock and the longer one for the outside Sill / Valance, I was not aware of the one you show for the J11 and cannot find it in our Catalogues here.
The No. you have quoted is for the Old J10 Model for the New J11 they are #KE567-4E530 and 531. Take a look on the "Glynn Hopkins" website just enter in the "Search" field either J10 or J11 and you will see what I mean. They are normally fixed with 3M or similiar Tapes supplied so just make sure the surface is clean (eg. Alcohol) and the position is correct before sticking it - you only get 1 chance. I hope I am correct on my assumptions Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
marcflores

Post by marcflores »

Hi Dave,I'd be purchasing for a QQ J11 (well spotted on my mistake!). So the correct links (for anyone else who might be looking) are:http://glynhopkinpartsonline.co.uk/prod ... E9674E531I prefer the look of the former item. Thanks for confirming how they're installed; i hoped that that would be the case i.e. no drilling!
2015 QQ Tekna 1.2 DIG-T / Blade Silver / Ice Chrome Premium Pack / Ice Chrome Style Pack / Panoramic Roof / Silver AlloyGators / Heko Wind Deflectors
Dustybin

Post by Dustybin »

I a boot trunk protector on our car, very easy to fit. Make sure you prepare the area first (you will get alcohol wipes provided) and the body work/tape is warm enough. I used a hair dryer for this. Have a few practice goes first (it's easier with 2 people putting it on) though it should fit easily into the contours of your body work. Once it is stuck on its on for good. I think these make the car really smart at the back.