Roof Rail marks puzzling

Bodywork & Interior problems
rolledstone

Post by rolledstone »

Any news on your tweet? There's a post in the other site about this and they are having the end caps replaced Under the warranty.

http://forum.qashqaiclub.co.uk/my-roof- ... 15872.html
2014 Qashqai Tekna

Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Nearly 3 weeks since my Dealer saw my 3 marked end caps; they took snaps, but heard no more since.E mailed em earlier this week to check progress-no response. One hopes they are looking at the spec for these- clearly needs reviewing, otherwisereplacements will fail in due course too.
Gel2015-05-02 23:40:59
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Gel, I have spoken now to the Service Mgr. and they will enter a Guarantee claim into the Nissan System which is then suppose to start the action . The pics that were posted Here they have.
Just out of interest I read the other Forum Comments and it appears they have read our comments, but then we have been refered to as quote the "inferior QQ Forum" by ericos - nice !
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Gel

Post by Gel »

[quote="DaveBerlin"]Gel, I have spoken now to the Service Mgr. and they will enter a Guarantee claim into the Nissan System which is then suppose to start the action . The pics that were posted Here they have. Just out of interest I read the other Forum Comments and it appears they have read our comments, but then we have been refered to as quote the "inferior QQ Forum" by ericos - nice ! [/QUOTE]
An inferior quote Dave!I did Tweet NissanUK yesterday on issue with snap in view of response from dealership. (ie none).
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
Gel

Post by Gel »

[quote="DaveBerlin"]Gel, I have spoken now to the Service Mgr. and they will enter a Guarantee claim into the Nissan System which is then suppose to start the action . The pics that were posted Here they have. Just out of interest I read the other Forum Comments and it appears they have read our comments, but then we have been refered to as quote the "inferior QQ Forum" by ericos - nice ! [/QUOTE]
Just spoken to my Dealer, as didn't answer e mail chaserHe said Nissan had "returned" claim; he will resubmit
teknaken

Post by teknaken »

Gel,I discovered exactly the same type of crazing on my Tekna last week. Always valeted personally and no harsh chems used just snow foam and a ph neutral (I think that is the term) car shampoo.I will be interested in following developments.Ken
2019 1.3 Tekna Dig-T 160 (Automatic)
2014 1.6 dCi Tekna CVT Bronze Metallic - delivered 9/7/14
teknaken

Post by teknaken »

Just had a look at my end caps. The rear offside, the one that I first noticed the marks on, has deterioted further. The front offside is exhibiting 'pin-pricks'. The two near-side end caps are ok.A thought. I wonder if this is related to sunshine/heat. My car is always parked in the same direction on my drive. The nearside, that which exhibits no deterioration, is against a 6ft high fence. The offside, which exhibits the problems is 'South Facing'. I do not use the vehicle much consequently it spends a lot of the time on the drive, consequentlythe offside faces a lot of sunshine.As I say, just a thought.Strange that this problem is being exhibited on vehicles of a similar age, in my case 10 months.
2019 1.3 Tekna Dig-T 160 (Automatic)
2014 1.6 dCi Tekna CVT Bronze Metallic - delivered 9/7/14
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

Went in today, first time he has seen this problem and in my dealers words "it looks like the paint has fractured". It was suggested this is the first he has seen this (but given the requirement to be standing in the right place with the right light....). Pictures taken and forwarded to Nissan. With it being a dull day this morning, I ended up using a LED workshop light to demonstrate the problem otherwise it could not be seen! He suggested that this could be a reoccurring problem if Nissan GB have not changed their process so if they are replaced then it could come back. I suspect they will be swapped
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Steve, I had this same problem yesterday after Hand Washing the QQ. I had already posted and given pics to our Dealer, but yesterday after drying it off I noticed that every Rail had this fault in the Sun. So I thought I would take some pics when I got home - wrong I could not see them enough to photo them. I will speak to the Dealer next week again - Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Gel

Post by Gel »

Dave, why not try taking snaps anyway, and you may see the results you need when blown up in size.