Roof Rail marks puzzling

Bodywork & Interior problems
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Gel, you passed your bloody Bug on to me from over the water. For some reas£n in the glorious sunshine something hit me today on the QQ and yup it was the Bug. Now ours is an Aug 14 delivery and it is not that bad, but being an ex-Toolmaker, I got one of my Eyeglasses out to take a look and there were marks although of a pin prick nature at present except for one rear rail cap which also has a crazing effect. I will mention this at the Dealer probably this week - Dave

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken

Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

welcome to this exclusive club!
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

:'( They are on mine as well. Given the location where mine have appears (and seems other as well), I don't think its cats like my original suggestion. They are too fine, and quite close together. Reported to dealers!

SplanK2015-04-21 18:44:44
rolledstone

Post by rolledstone »

Has anyone had a response from their dealer about this?
2014 Qashqai Tekna
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Mine started appearing at about 8 months....didn't think anything of it at the time, however it is getting more prominent so I'll mention it to dealer when it goes in for first service next month....looks like this is more common than first anticipated.
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Not me; but if Nissan rebut I'll raise on Twitter and point them to this thread
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
Deleted User 759

I pointed my dealer to this thread. Only sent my email last night though!
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Hi All, here is my latest. I have just got back from my Dealer and firstly spoke to the "Man in the Know" - the store Guy, he actually confirmed he had ordered these Rail Cap parts as replacements. I then spoke to one of the Sevice Guys and I showed him my pics plus what is included in this Topic above. He was a bit surprised but took a look at our QQ and stated that it is a defect and will be covered under the Guarantee. He asked me if I could hang on a bit just in case Nissan come up with an improvement, I agreed as it is not a Safety Issue but Cosmetic.
My question is how the hell can Nissan learn from these type of Customer Complaints and correct their manufacturing processes unless they get the Feedback. How is this done do the Dealers give the Feedback or is there a Budget set aside just to cover the cost of replacing the parts as Guarantee Problems ? - Does anybody know ? - Thanks Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Deleted User 759

Each manuf will budget for an % failure rate so the money is "set aside" as such. Dealers then bill Nissan Corp for their time and parts. This is why a lot of things need authorisation and also why you can get warranty work done at any dealer rather than the one you bought it from. If would be daft for any manf not to take returns into account, especially when there are so many parts in a car that could go wrong.
Deleted User 759

Oh, my dealer has asked me to go in for them to check and document.