Door Mirror

Bodywork & Interior problems
sydswan

Post by sydswan »

I have a question. I am thinking of painting my wing mirrors purple , as my car colour is Platinum [Silver"]] . Question : What do any of you think. Good or not so good ? I would love to hear from any or all .
Qashqai 2.0L Ti auto Platinum

gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Not good.
Beardyman

Post by Beardyman »

unless you REALLY like purple! ...or standing out in a crowd?
1.2 DiG-T TEKNA petrol manual panoramic, nightshade. Easy-Lift bonnet gas strut kit.
QDay 28.11.2014
sydswan

Post by sydswan »

Thank you for your opinion.
Kev1nDonn
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Kev1nDonn »

Give these guys a call: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5WXPHF7KI8They will point you in the right direction
Kev1nDonn2015-05-22 15:29:48
Tekna 1.5 dci in Metallic Grey with Full Leather (Black) and Driver Assist Pack.
Beardyman

Post by Beardyman »

At the end of the day, it's personal choice. If you like the idea of customizing the look of your car (in whatever way) then it's an expression of your taste/personality. That being the case, don't ask others who don't know your personality, just go for it. It's your car. IMHO, I can only see it that way. The car designers, as professionals, are paid a lot of money to make the car look as good as they can. Adding bits won't make it look better, just more personalized.If I was to add purple wing mirrors, I'd have to add more purple accent bits to the car in other locations as well. Maybe wheel centre caps? If the only purple was the wing mirrors it might look as if they were second hand from another car?
1.2 DiG-T TEKNA petrol manual panoramic, nightshade. Easy-Lift bonnet gas strut kit.
QDay 28.11.2014
sydswan

Post by sydswan »

Thanks Beardyman, but I had already had thoughts of doing the Purple highlights on the wheels and centres. Thought about doing the mirrors as an after thought. Not sure If I will go ahead with doing the mirrors. Peter
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Peter, I think that going with the Colored Mirrors might be a little OTT. Chrome Caps would guaranteed look nice with your color but purple I am not so sure, but at the end of the day it is your QQ and if you like it then give it a try. . Now with the Wheel Centre Caps this is a small addition and does not stand out that much - again Personalisation ! If you like it then go for it - Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

You could always vinyl wrap the mirrors rather than paint them. That way, if you decide it was a bad colour choice, the wrap is easier to remove to restore your mirrors to their former glory.
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
Mike R

Post by Mike R »

A pal of mine has a Gun Metal Juke with purple flashes (mirrors, around spots etc) came from factory like that.
Very eye catching. I like that.