Pollen Filter

Bodywork & Interior problems
Jhare

Post by Jhare »

Does anyone know where the air con filter is situated on the J11 Qashqai? If it's easy access, I'd rather sort it myself than pay a dealer as I think it is a chargeable job rather than standard service item. On my wife's Peugeot 206 it's a simple job, but on my old Mazda 5 you had to be a contortionist. Jhare2015-05-14 16:47:35
2014 Tekna 1.2 DIG-T in Magnetic Red

Deleted User 1571

Post by Deleted User 1571 »

If you mean the receiver/drier, then it will be at the very front of the car, to the side of the condenser radiator. It is never a simple job, because the system needs to be de-gassed first and then recharged after replacement of the receiver/drier/filter unit.I reckon it is best left alone until there is some other problem with the system. My Land Cruiser's air-con has been in near daily use for 17 years without changing it and works as good as new.
Jhare

Post by Jhare »

Thanks Quacker, but I think I may not have explained myself very well. I believe they are more commonly referred to as pollen filters. The filter that cleans the air that is circulated into the cabin. Any idea where that is fitted? I've amended the thread title to Pollen Filter now too.Jhare2015-05-14 16:48:49
omegadeep

Post by omegadeep »

A car is just a set of four wheels and four seats to enable one to travel from a to b. all other perceptions are individual illusions of the thought process.
Jhare

Post by Jhare »

Looks like another job for a contortionist. Not as difficult as the Mazda 5 granted. I'm guessing that the J11 is the same as the one in the video, unless anyone knows differently?