Dark stripes after wash

Bodywork & Interior problems
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

I had two white Toyota MPVs that had this problem. It's the reason I didn't select Storm White when I ordered my QQ this month, although I was sorely tempted Wax does sound like a wise move so that it's easier to clean your marks off!
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic

LudLum

Post by LudLum »

hi again, and thanks for all answers. I have newly waxed my car with some nice expensive wax, so the marks is veeeery easy to clean off, but frustrated to get them when the car is clean except these spots :)BUT, i think the marks comes from the door handles, and the moving part on the side mirrors. Maybe some oil or something in here that drips out when it rains, so i will try to wash it very carefull here this weekend and see if that helps.
omegadeep

Post by omegadeep »

Guess what ! My new Gunmetal Grey QQ was delivered on Friday and it has these run marks already.
A car is just a set of four wheels and four seats to enable one to travel from a to b. all other perceptions are individual illusions of the thought process.
sporttourer

Post by sporttourer »

Our Storm white QQ had these marks the first few times it rained when we got it before I had chance to wash it properly.
I no longer get these marks after washing the car properly - I assume it was something on the black window rubber surrounds, mirrors etc etc.
Car is now 3 months old.