Dark stripes after wash

Bodywork & Interior problems
LudLum

Post by LudLum »

HiI have a white Nissan Qashqai Tekna 2015. Just wondered if someone else have the problem with black stripes from some spots on the car? After i wash the car, it takes a week or two and i get these (See pictures). Something i can do to dont get them? :) (I know washing the car get rid of them, but the car is clean elsewhere, only these stripes i get/drip strips).

omegadeep

Post by omegadeep »

It almost looks like soap or hot wax perhaps is getting trapped in mouldings and drying, then when it rains it releases the previously solid matter causing these run marks - Just an idea.
A car is just a set of four wheels and four seats to enable one to travel from a to b. all other perceptions are individual illusions of the thought process.
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Ludlum, these lines look to be an oil residue / conservation spray seeping from the Mirror Area Auto closing and from under the Door Handle, have you felt that this is oily ?. When you follow the line on the Door it seems to run up to the corner of the chrome edging.
We have also the Pearlescent White and have never seen this, but when I polished the QQ from day one, also when done regularly I polish all around these areas and check for marks - Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Qash

Post by Qash »

I have the same problem with my car. My theory is the lubricant that are in different locations or reaction between the shampoo and rubber seals. Because the shampoo and water trapped in the narrow space for a long period, so it may happen that the reaction occurs.Since we know that Nisssan use only the best materials available on the market, I think the second theory :)
QQ BUSINESS+ (Tekna 17")1,5 dci
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

Yes I agree on the lubricant theory, I am a great believer of spraying Silicon into locks, handles and wing mirror moving parts and I have seen the same problem on the Storm White. However it washes off with no problems so I do not worry about it.
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
Qash

Post by Qash »

Lubricant theory, however, has some weak parts. I have never used lubricants on my car and the big argument against the theory that black stretch popping up in places that have no lubrication as the back door on the image above.
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Qash, IMHO even a Back Door Lock internally at Manufacture or even at a Service Interval has to be lubricated when moving parts are involved to prevent seizure and just like water it will find any small gap or hole to escape from - Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Qash

Post by Qash »

In my case black line starts where the window list ends. I do not know if there is any lubricant there so that's why I have two variations on the possible cause . I think the last time they came it was associated with rain and they are not as difficult to clean if you do not let them stand for long.Unfortunately, all the cars have locations where water remains standing long which can cause much bigger problems than black lines in the long run, but I hope we will avoid it.
omegadeep

Post by omegadeep »

A good reason to get some good quality wax on the car.
A car is just a set of four wheels and four seats to enable one to travel from a to b. all other perceptions are individual illusions of the thought process.
duncho

Post by duncho »

Or better nano sealant
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!