hard ride from rear suspension

Bodywork & Interior problems
woody

Post by woody »

Hi does anybody find that the rear suspension seems a bit firm and sometimes bumpy over town roads ? How does this compare to the previous model ? considering this is a class leader is the ride really good enough ?

rm0rgan

Post by rm0rgan »

There's some clever gizmo that dabs the rear brakes a little to smooth the ride out if i recall correctly, especially over speed bumps and the like. Mine seems fine - have you checked your tyre pressure are correct for the weight in the car - you can find this sometimes has an effect.
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

For a car with 19 inch wheels and low profile tyres the ride is exceptional. As rm0gan says check your tyres. Over inflated tyres will make the ride much worse, I had Nitrogen put in my tyres when new and in 14 months it has never lost a single psi apart from when I had a slow puncture on a wheel. This was repaired, re-inflated with Nitrogen and 8 months later still no loss of any pressure.
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
Pumpkin_Heed

Post by Pumpkin_Heed »

I have the 18" N-Tec wheels and I cannot fault the ride at all, the active suspension/dampening/Aut-braking system is a real step forward I believe. The only time I think it struggles to compensate is when you go over a quick succession of bumps/potholes etc. such as cobbled roads it can seem a bit juddery (understandably) but I think over the likes of speed humps the setup handles it very well and very smooth.......well at least compared to my 2001 Corsa
2015 Qashqai N-Tec+ 1.5dci Ink Blue
FoxE

Post by FoxE »

I have the same concern - the J11 model's suspension is just not as good as the J10 in terms of sorting out the bumps. Unfortunately, the ride quality (or lack of when compared to the superb suspension on my previously owned J10) is a major downside for me. Accordingly, this car won't be a keeper for me - but I will be interested to see if the facelift model in a couple of years time has a more mature suspension setup. I love everything about the car other than its badly sorted (in my opinion) suspension.
2014 Nissan Qashqai ST (J11) | 2 litre | Ivory Pearl (QAB) | Xtronic CVT | New Zealand
Dr_Niss

Post by Dr_Niss »

Although I am happy with the ride in mine, I did notice that my 17" winter wheels gave a slightly smoother ride than the 19" summer ones.
J11 Tekna 1.6 4WD Ink Blue Collected 26th September 2014
Zunsport Black Grill. Bonnet protector. Bonnet struts. Dashcam.
red baron

Post by red baron »

I recall reading in a review that only the top spec QQJ11 has independent rear suspension. All the others use a "twist beam"? set up like the Ford Focus.Mine seems o/k. The wife feels it it is better for her arthritis/osteo problems than our previous Skoda Octavia.
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

I believe it is only 4 wheel drive models that have drop link suspension all 2 wheels have the beam set up, but as I said on an earlier post for such large wheels and low profile tyres the ride is fine. The smaller wheels will feel better, but if you think the 19 inch ones are poor, try a ride in a BMW with 19/20 inch wheels and run flat tyres, you will really know what a hard suspension feels like.
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
AlleyCat

Post by AlleyCat »

Never really had a drive around whilst in the back to notice but nobody has complained so i assume it's not bad (my dad has a herniated disk so he'd soon let me know).It's certainly less "skittish" on the back end than the Yeti was on uneven roads.
Nissan no more...
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

We have found the 19" Tekna Wheels to give a perfectly smooth ride, when the wife who has a Back problem does not complain then I know we are onto a winner. Regarding the comment on the "Cobbled" Roads (here in Germany "Pflasted" Roads) which are small and still exist here a lot is when you notice a little uneasyness.
We were in the UK last week and got picked up here in an Audi A3 with 19" Audi Alloys Wheels & Low Profiles and the ride was extremely hard and the wife did complain. Naturally Sport Suspension will also affect the Ride but not on the QQ - Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken