driver seat problem

Bodywork & Interior problems
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Same here Dean, its now getting much more frequent and bloody annoying. Time for a trip to the dealers I think!

Gerke
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gerke »

My problem is solved (to me)
I have a completely new driverseat.
Now iit is a discussion between my Leasecompany, my dealer and Nissan Netherlands

I am afraid that I will have the same problem in a couple of months when this seat is used for about 45.000 KM.
skirk1983

Post by skirk1983 »

Hi Gerke

I'll have the same issue on my seat. Did they just swap the seat?

Have a J11 Tekna from 2014.

Thanks

Kristian
johnels79

Post by johnels79 »

I also have this problem, started when Nissan replaced my heated seat coils. I took it back and the said it was a torch next to my seat.
Their exact words. " Clinking noise coming from drivers seat, found torch, removed torch and clunking stopped."
They probably did this on the ramp. The noise is still there and the torch is in the boot where they left it. Surprised the boot isn't clunking now. LOL
3rd Qashqai - DCI 115 Tekna - DCT Propilot - Nightshade Black - 9th July 2020
2nd Qashqai - DCI 115 Tekna - DCT - Nightshade Black - 6th July 2019 - Rejected
1st Qashqai 1.5cc Dci Tekna - 28th Jan 2015
Gerke

Post by Gerke »

skirk1983 wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:35 pm Hi Gerke

I'll have the same issue on my seat. Did they just swap the seat?

Have a J11 Tekna from 2014.

Thanks

Kristian
Yes, that is correct
sammas

Post by sammas »

Hi all,

Same problem here for more than one year...first post here.

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=4230&p=39340&hilit ... eat#p39340

After 5 visits to dealer no solution till now. Only after the 4th visit, and some tightenings - loosenings and lubricating it was completely quiet (wow) for a month but now it started again. The problem is that the issue is not reproducible to hear it but happens accidentally so they don't seem willing to replace faulty parts.

Any DIY solution from anybody?I have tried myself everything or almost everything....Car is still under warranty.
Mark46

Post by Mark46 »

Just had my QQ in for this problem along with yet another list of faults, some of which are really starting to worry me now the warranty is close to running out.
The dealer has replaced the front strut gaiters which they say were causing the creaking steering noise and the clunking drivers seat......two birds with one stone, I like it!
Unfortunately I'm not convinced that they are both related or that the gaiters have anything to do with either of the faults.
To be fair I think my Nissan dealer has done the best they can with my QQ, I just think my QQ is one of the bad ones out there that seems to be full of gremlins and even they are fed up with seeing it back at the dealers time after time.
I was going to ask about a warranty extension but to be honest I've had enough of the hassle, after three years of ownership I don't think I've had a fault free week, it's going in December.
QQ 2014 (64) 1.5dci n-tec+ (gun metallic)
DRL mod & mud flaps.
Gerke

Post by Gerke »

Gerke wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:27 pm My problem is solved (to me)
I have a completely new driverseat.
Now iit is a discussion between my Leasecompany, my dealer and Nissan Netherlands

I am afraid that I will have the same problem in a couple of months when this seat is used for about 45.000 KM.
I was afraid that this would happen.

After 41200 km the seat is broken again.
Again the back part of the seat is weak and I am sitting in a pit, feeling the frame in my back.

Tomorrow they will look on how to fix this.
Already looking for an other car, it wil definitely not be a car from Nissan or Renault. Probably I 'll move to an Opel Grandland or a Seat Ateca.
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

my drivers seat clunks. took the car in for many minor faults. For the seat, they said Nissan has given them the go ahead to replace all seat bases without even testing it. Its just a given. Sounds like its a very common issue..
chrisw99

Post by chrisw99 »

Mine clunks and creaks, but only at certain height settings. Worst on the highest one. I've found there was one somewhere in the middle that quietened it completely. Pity as I prefer being as high as possible, but it was only 2 or 3 clicks down that quietened it.
Oct 2014 N-tec+, 1.2 dig-T