water on driver side floor

Bodywork & Interior problems
sulky_uk

Post by sulky_uk »

I was in Middles-borough last night on a trip, I parked up at a premier inn and locked the car(when i say locked i walked round the car and checked all the windows were closed and alarm on)got int he car this morning, no issues at all, but noticed air con smelt a little musty...fwd on 6 hours and im at Newark visit SWMBO's dad. Go to get into the car and noticed the mat is a little shiny. I thought it may be wearing out so gave it a rub..only to find it soaked. lifted the mat up and the carpet was soaked also. Did a bit of hoking and found that the only area that was wet was the floor area under the drivers mat. I took the plastic door trim off and under that was dry, so i lifted the carpet...thank god that Nissan have a plastic backing on the carpet as the foam underneath was dry!So where the hell did the water come from? The windows were closed, but there was a torrential rain storm overnight, and i drove in rainy conditions this morning. The only times the drivers window gets opened is when i show my pass for work at the entry point. Last time was Thursday and did 200 miles to the hotel. with the wife and no the window was closed. the seats, and trim show no trace of water injestHad a look around with the torch and by feel...everywhere is dry, should i wait for the next downpour or go to Nissanhopefully someone has had similar as she is only 3 months old!!
2015 Qashqai 1.5 dci tekna in bronze, but without the panoramic roof

scottymech

Post by scottymech »

My first thoughts are that the drain holes between the inner wing and bulkhead were overloaded by a heavy burst of Rain allowing water to partially fill the area under the Black plastic scuttle trim for a few minutes. A poorly sealed body joint in that area would allow water into the Cabin. It is not usual for new cars these days though. Has your coolant level dropped suddenly?, suggesting a heater system leak (I am assuming the heater matrix is behind the centre console-not sure though).I had a 2001 Nissan Almera that used to leak water into the front passenger footwell when the Car was parked tilted over to the right (left wheels on a curb) turned out to be a defective Window weather seal.My second thoughts would be to dry it out and see if it happens again
Freedom is a state of mind
sulky_uk

Post by sulky_uk »

UPDATE I had a quick noisy around the windscreen yesterday, cant see anything amiss, so i decieded to turn the Air Con on and leave the car for 15 minutes on low, on a dry driveway.

15 minutes later no puddle under the car, but up next to the foot rest for the clutch and behind the centre console is soaking. It was dry before i started. Called the local nissan garage and it is in next wednesday for repair, they said that my fault diagnosis saved them some time! Anyhow he thought that the whole dash may have to come out so that they could check all the wiring etc as well. Hes put it in for 3 days at the moment but he suspects it will take considerbly longer than that
sulky_uk

Post by sulky_uk »

update: So I had the car "repaired" last week, they said the drain pipe had moved and was not going through the bulkhead and they re routed it. Nice day yesterday so I turned the air con on...puddle in floor again grrrrr

Fixed my arse
D1eam

Post by D1eam »

O my been following your experience. Sounds like you will be sending it back in again. Takes all the shine off. Hope it gets resolved soon. And you can put air on on . Good luck
D1eam a little dream of me 😉
1.2 xtronic Tekna gunmetal grey picked up June 26 2015
sulky_uk

Post by sulky_uk »

Update:

So the car has gone in today for another go at getting this fixed. The garage advised me that NISSAN UK has issued a SANMON (or something like that) against my car. What this means is that they investigate what is happening take pics and report back to NISSAN.

The likleyhood of it geting fixed today has diminished as when a car has this against it the repair can only be santioned by Nissan HQ. The most likely thing to happen is that some engineers will come down from the factory and look at it if the garage cant sort it or they will approve some new pipework that nissan is pushing out for this issue

who knows...willl report back later
sulky_uk

Post by sulky_uk »

Update no 2:

So got a call from the garage and they have forwarded photos to Nissan of a split heater box..I dont know how they missed it the first time, but there you go. At least they have found the issue now. So waiting on Nissan auth'ing the repair
sulky_uk

Post by sulky_uk »

update....

So repair approved...but no spares and they have no forcast, so no aircon for the foreseeable future
Deleted User 1450

Post by Deleted User 1450 »

I noticed a water leak in my passenger footwell. Just spoke to a local dealer and they said it's a 3 day job to repair. Car is booked in for a service this week, but they don't have a loan car available for a month.....
sulky_uk

Post by sulky_uk »

i must admit i had a lovely time driving rounds the midlands this week end sitting in traffic in 27C (according to the thermometer in car) and no fecking air con...rang them today, still no forecast, it will be when there is a break in production, so nearly a month and a half since the issue forst appeared