Factory towbar fitment

Bodywork & Interior problems
theVman

Post by theVman »

I dont know who supplies the factory towbar's here but in Australia its an easy bolt up with everything supplied. Very easy to fit yourself.

Donkey

Post by Donkey »

nicely done mate that just saved me a few quid ill do it myself they sell them on Ebay
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Just a questionIm reading with problems on towbars for this carThis item your fitting is it custom made for 2014 or is it the old QQ towbar?Cant see it being much diffrent but the dealerships im reading are not fitting them yet despite advertising them as extras and aftermarket sellers again are unsure they will fit
theVman

Post by theVman »

[quote="Donkey"]Just a questionIm reading with problems on towbars for this carThis item your fitting is it custom made for 2014 or is it the old QQ towbar?Cant see it being much diffrent but the dealerships im reading are not fitting them yet despite advertising them as extras and aftermarket sellers again are unsure they will fit[/QUOTE]Its the 2011 Qashqai (Dualis).
JTHH

Post by JTHH »

Have just fitted after market towbar to 2008 Accenta auto 2l diesel, took about 5 hours including wiring. The hardest job was inserting and screwing the reinforcing bars into chassis. PROBLEM: I bought the pucka Nissan electric harness assembly which comes complete with what I took to be the isolating and energising relay, but with the trailer on the tow bar, every time I engage reverse, the reverse sensors bleep continuously because of the presence of the trailer. Everything else works fine, any thoughts anyone?
JTHH2014-04-05 15:28:58
John H
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

[quote="JTHH"]Have just fitted after market towbar to 2008 Accenta auto 2l diesel, took about 5 hours including wiring. The hardest job was inserting and screwing the reinforcing bars into chassis. PROBLEM: I bought the pucka Nissan electric harness assembly which comes complete with what I took to be the isolating and energising relay, but with the trailer on the tow bar, every time I engage reverse, the reverse sensors bleep continuously because of the presence of the trailer. Everything else works fine, any thoughts anyone?
[/QUOTE]thats annoying mate looks like you gotta switch the parking sensors off when towing by sounds of it
QashQaiSteve

Post by QashQaiSteve »

I had a towbar factory fitted form order on my new 2014 QQ, although the Rear Parking Sensors seem to beep Red like crazy as soon as i stick her in Reverse, not every time but more often than not, i'm wondering if they are detecting the Tow Bar! let alone anything attached to it! taking it back and gettign them to take a look, would be pants if you need to switch off the rear sensors completly if you have a tow bar fitted!
QQ 1.6dci Acenta Premium Ink Blue
JTHH

Post by JTHH »

Agreed, its a real pain, particularly as we want to use it for teaching trailer towing! I am reluctant to go through the process of finding the right wire and installing an isolator switch, but that may be what we have to do. i am going to see my local dealer later this week and i will let you know.
John H
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

If your using the car for teacher training shouldnt everything be turned off anyway including camera?I thought testing were strict with no aids
JTHH

Post by JTHH »

You are correct, but we don't have the camera, only reverse sensors. I agree we don't want them working on instruction, but surely they should be isolated automatically when the trailer is attached. I thought that is what that chunky relay supplied with the Nissan harness was supposed to do. However, I spoke to my local Nissan dealer who assures me that they all bleep when reversing with the trailer!Where's my wire cutters and which wire do I intercept? !!!
John H