Factory towbar fitment

Bodywork & Interior problems
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Good price Andrewtheres no afftermarket one available as yet and I gotta feeling until theres more cars on the road needing them there wont be and price probably will not drop for a fair bit

Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Dont get ripped off with the towbars guys the older QQ towbar systems fit the newer onesI have a Thurle one was fitted at my home by Norfolk Towbars, a small group who come to your house In my case i ordered a fixed bar so we can fit a cycle carrier they Quoted £260 all in came and fitted itIve loads of pics as it goes from my phone as he removed it all and those familiar with the older QQ will know on left hand piller there is a multiplug that runs power for all the rear lights bar the right hand indicator to get the feed fromI rung around so many sent messages via Email on Ebay asking and people will say no wont fit wait theres a specific bar coming out but much more expensiveThe company I used fit them at the dealerships I was told by the fitter the rear bumper removal was easier than the older QQ (this was first new QQ he had fitted himself as this was back in April when the QQ was more myth than reality) I have no sensors picking up the towbar I can see the ball on the rear camera making hitching up very easily obviously when towing the parking sensors go beserk if reverse selected but nothing as you driving forwardAs a favour and for fun I collected a single wheel caravan for a friend that was plated at 1350kg probably at the max of car capabilty although it was unloaded direct from storageUnfortunately these QQ are not towcars, it done the job but trust me you know its on there, we have to remember we have a 1.5 engine so towing was not high on the agenda when designing the car but it did do itI done 127 miles at a very steady 55mph down A11 which is mostly dual carriageway and roundabouts which wasnt nice to be fair the caravan pushed the car when slowing stopping (ive only got 17" wheels and it was safe did sort of feel safe but you was aware you didnt want to do this in rain or in an emergency) and the M11 motorway did pick up alarmingly passing traffic sucking you in.The new QQ simply isnt heavy enough or manly enough to tug much more than a trailer for camping im afraidFuel economy dropped to around 25-28mpg on the run which to be fair is acceptable sort of compared to normal towing
Donkey2014-06-02 05:09:38
Donkey

Post by Donkey »