2 week old qashqai stone chip??!

Bodywork & Interior problems
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Try taking a look at this website and the attached video it might well help you, it does look surprisingly easy :lol:
I have also attached a Nissan Sunderlad Body Paint Shop description. Paint thickness specs ain't easy to find - Dave ;)
http://www.chipex.co.uk

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken

Showoffqashqaiguy

Post by Showoffqashqaiguy »

Well I found another small chip just to the right of the bonnet yesterday :( not good! I don't really drive fast and try and avoid the roads but seems its inevitable and the qashqai attracts stone chips. Haven't heard back from Nissan yet about the paint warranty but am not holding my breath.
I just have had ALA price match another paint/chip insurance and they've quoted me £130 for 2 years scratch/dent/chip repair..i see their t & c is 15cms in depth and length and they don't cover the bonnet or car roof..also limited to 3 claims per year with £15 excess..dunno if it worth it tbh...
Showoffqashqaiguy

DaveBerlin wrote:Try taking a look at this website and the attached video it might well help you, it does look surprisingly easy :lol:
I have also attached a Nissan Sunderlad Body Paint Shop description. Paint thickness specs ain't easy to find - Dave ;)
http://www.chipex.co.uk
Thanks dave..seems good but i cant find my cars colour which is 'flame red' on their? :(
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

Flame Red is Nissan colour code AJ4. It's common to a lot of Nissans. Either type in AJ4 at the top, or tell it you have a Nissan 300ZX and you will then find Flame Red as an option!
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Apart from talking far too fast, useful tips here:

2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
Showoffqashqaiguy

Thanks everyone appreciate the help!
Am really rubbish at diy and it looks simple in that video but knowing me I'd cock it up somehow! Am going to have a think about the paints as am going to go see a mate who's a mechanic in a few weeks so I may buy one and ask him
If I bang him a bit of money if he'll do it as he'd be better than me but will see..thanks for the help everyone :)
Hound

Post by Hound »

My ears are out of breath after listening to that...

Personally, my car paint/bodywork tweaking skills are on a par with Father Ted's, so I might try this on a mirror or door edge etc but I'd be reluctant to attempt it on the bonnet! :o
Showoffqashqaiguy

one of mine is bonnet and other near rear wheel arch so am the same hound...thinking of just paying sum1
Hound

Post by Hound »

Knowing your own limitations is a good thing ;) Gel was thoughtful to post that vid and it does indeed have useful info, but on such a new car it may be best to pay an expert!
Roadie

Post by Roadie »

I have used CHIPEX in the past with great results. You may have to do it a couple of times so you don't get a dip in the paint. Once i had got it as good as i could, i used Autoglym super resin polish fill out the area (you will have to do this a few times) if after that it still shows use Autoglym paint renovator very lightly and then super resin polish again. I am going to do my QQ soon as after 10,000 miles my bonnet looks like it's been pebble dashed and i have got a few chips on the body work.