Knocking noise on driver seat

Bodywork & Interior problems
sammas

Post by sammas »

Hi all

In the last two months I have an annoying noise under the driver's seat (not electric seat) . Like something pounding and making a knock ( tak - tok - tak). It can happen during acceleration , braking, cornering , on rough road or when I sit down or get up from the seat.

The case that the base of seat belt is knocking on the plastic of the seat is rejected. It has been tested (negative). It seems that the source of the knock probably comes from the lower part of the seat (maybe inside it somewhere where the cables are) or even railway, frame but not sure as it’s hard to notice the source.

I ‘ve searched many times the area but can’t find with hands something loose knocking. Any ideas from someone with similar issue or any idea where to focus? Similar threads on forum have not helped the issue.

Thank you for any help!

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Hi sammas, firstly welcome to the Forum. With the problem you have, have you tried informing the Dealer as he does have your money and there is a Nissan Guarantee. Do not get me wrong I also tend to try to correct any problems but I do inform my Dealer.
Take a look at this post "Driver Seat Pronlem" or use the "Search" facility - Dave :(

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=2792&p=31225&hilit ... ing#p29334
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
sammas

Post by sammas »

Hello DaveBerlin and thank you for the welcome.

I 've already read that link but didn't help me. Even the sound of the seat at the video is not similar with mine and i don't have any obvious movement at the seat.

I tend to visit dealer but i try first to pinpoint exactly where the knock comes from because i suppose that dealer may consider it normal, as the knock happens accidentally and may not be able to reproduce it when i 'll visit him.
rod9669

Post by rod9669 »

Mine does the same - had the dealer look at it when it had the roof rail end caps changed but they couldn't find anything wrong. It'll be going in soon for its first service, so will get them to check again.

Sorry to ask a personal question, but are you "solidly built" like me? I weigh 17 stone so wondering if skinny people might not get the problem (wifey hasn't noticed it when she drives it, which isn't much tbh)
sammas

Post by sammas »

No, not at all.13 stone (maximum 13.5) so this can't be the "problem". :)
SKOOBY
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by SKOOBY »

Hello i have just purchased a 2016 N tec. The drivers seat in that makes the same noise as though its not locked in correctly its not electric any one found the cause
Deleted User 10757

Post by Deleted User 10757 »

When I had my 66 plate N-Connecta - I had a noise , and the seat base had a broken weld.
Im not considered heavy , but the seat could have failed.
The dealer had done a few