here it comes again.....the sills

Bodywork & Interior problems
craigstekna

Post by craigstekna »

So I done a search and it didn't bring up much.

Why are peoples thoughts on the non genuine sill protectors (entry guards) on eBay? seems a helluva lot cheaper than Nissan. does anyone have them? are they worth it? whats the customs charges like?

the kids are a scuffing and she needs some protection.

I also see white carbon film protection for the sills which might look interesting on a white QQ

Thoughts?
J11 - QQ 1.6 130 Dci Automagic Tekna, Pearl white, Sept 2014 :D FULL LED upgrade to all interior/exterior lights, china crossover pack, mud-flaps, sill guards and hood deflector

Greenie234

Post by Greenie234 »

Bought mine from Amazon for my Qashqai 360. Good quality, stopped the scuffing/rubber marks from soles of shoes and in my opinion looked the business.
Had new shape QQ N-connecta for a couple of weeks and looking to get a set, just need to decide on whether to get black to match the car or stainless steel to add some being...or then again do I get ones with LEDs that lights up the name.
Spending more time thinking about this than I am about Remain or Leave lol.
QQ number 2 arrived 5th June 16. Pearl Black N-connecta with panoramic roof and comfort pack (mud flaps, boot liner and mats).
craigstekna

Post by craigstekna »

lol the remain / leave argument was simple for me, the door sills on the other hand are a nightmare.

they have white carbon, but its basically a sticker so I'm not sure how long that would last. that leaves the shiny ones, but there are soon many and most come from somewhere in Asia which probably means custom charges :(
J11 - QQ 1.6 130 Dci Automagic Tekna, Pearl white, Sept 2014 :D FULL LED upgrade to all interior/exterior lights, china crossover pack, mud-flaps, sill guards and hood deflector
Greenie234

Post by Greenie234 »

I had the shiny ones bought from Amazon and I did not have to pay any import tax...not sure how it works with Ebay that's more Mrs Greens domain I know she has been stung once or twice. I think if they mark the package as a gift then no tax...not that I am advocating that Mr Taxman lol.
QQ number 2 arrived 5th June 16. Pearl Black N-connecta with panoramic roof and comfort pack (mud flaps, boot liner and mats).
Greenie234

Post by Greenie234 »

Screenshot_20160622-135926.png

Made a decision and ordered these from Amazon
craigstekna

Post by craigstekna »

gonna order a set of these methinks. thanks
ThreeSixty

Post by ThreeSixty »

They are a good choice and fits well. Bought and fixed them a few months back. They go really well with a dark colour.
1.5 dCi 360. Ink Blue; Mud Flaps and Internal rubber mats & after market door sill plates.
craigstekna

Post by craigstekna »

Let's hope they go with white lol
Greenie234

Post by Greenie234 »

They looked well on my Artic White 360.

Hoping they look as good on the black N-connecta I have now.
craigstekna

Post by craigstekna »

well lets see, they are being delivered tomorrow :)

EDIT: misread that, dispatched apparently will be delivered on the 30th :( hopefully amazon is wrong about that