Power washing

Bodywork & Interior problems
Bros

Post by Bros »

Hello all,

Reading through the forum paintwork issues seem to have appeared a few times.
Previously I used a local car wash team to clean my car.
Got to say they always done a nice job even though they do seem to always be in a hurry and are a bit gung hoe with the pressure washers.
Should I steer clear of these guys with the possibility of damage to the paintwork or, do these pressure washers work at a pressure which will not cause damage to paintwork?

Chees
QQ 1.5dci Tekna 2017 Ink Blue j11 Mk2
Previously - QQ 1.5dci NTEC 2015 Black j11 Mk2

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Bros, everybody has their own ideas on cleaning their QQ's. I always every two weeks hand wash our's with a High Pressure Washer (at the Dealer) and then I stick it through the Auto Wash for the Full Treatment 2x Washes with Cloth Brushes / 2x Waxes / 2x Blow Dries / Wheels and Under Body Wash €10. After comes the additional hand work drying the water entrapments and the occasional Extra Polish. You have to be careful with the High Pressure Washers but I always hold them back from the recommended distance just to be safe. There has been negative comments on these Car Park Type Cleaners with regard to scratches and chemicals that are used etc...
I have never had a problem with paint damage on all our 4 Nissan's even though there are comments on the QQ Paint Depth.
Attached is an old "Which" report with a few facts on Pressure Washers - Dave ;)

http://www.which.co.uk/reviews/pressure ... ure-washer
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

As Dave says above, never had a problem using powere jet washers. Just back off a little when going over seals, sensors or scratches. Just use commonsense.
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

Due, seriously!!!!

This is a "Nissan Qashqai Technical Forum". What part of this has to do with you washing your fence?

Does anyone have a spare brain cell to lend this guy?

topers49 wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:50 am Hi,

There is need of power washing at my home. The fence as well as the surfaces of walls are very dirty of my house. I want to do it on my own. Can anyone suggest me some tips that can help me in power washing?

Thanks