2016 Tekna Rear Privacy Glass - Protection for Baby

Bodywork & Interior problems
davidjulia

Post by davidjulia »

We are expecting our first baby to arrive in a couple of weeks and are trying to find out if the rear privacy glass offers sufficient protection for babies and children travelling in a rear facing seat in one of the back seats.
I can see that the panoramic sunroof has uv protection and I understand that glass in general offers some level uv protection anyway.
However, there is no mention of uv protection for the rear privacy windows.
Should we invest in some additional shades that offer additional protection? I have been struggling to find any information on this.
Thanks in advance!

Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

I can't help with the question about the UV protection of the rear glass, but here is a reasonably priced sunshade set for the rear of the QQ:

shades.jpg

http://eshop.automotive-enhancements.co ... AN-QASHQAI
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
davidjulia

Post by davidjulia »

Thanks Hound.
Do you think these are recommended considering that the windows are already tinted by Nissan?
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Buy some proper shades. Where have you been told that the pano roof effects uv light? I've not been told that before.
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

Even if the pano roof glass isn't UV protected you can still close the rear portion to protect the kiddie.

As for the shades, I know they'll make it darker, but you can't see a lot out of the back of a QQ anyway, You have big mirrors and around-view cameras to help out.

Congrats on the imminent sprog by the way!
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic