Passenger Heated Seat Not Working? Advice Needed

Bodywork & Interior problems
Graham_uk

Post by Graham_uk »

Hi all, Next problem on my 2014 QQ Tekna is the Heated front passenger leather seat, I've just found out it's not working. Tried both "High" and "Low" positions and nothing. The orange light appears on the switch but there's no heat. I can't see anything obvious like a connector that's popped apart. The drivers seat is fine so what's the best plan?
2014 Tekna 1.5DCI (Cat D Write off)

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Graham, I would say pay a visit to your Dealer as you have at the very least a 3 year Guarantee or if your lucky plus a extra 2 years. Let them sort it for you - -Dave ;)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Graham_uk

Post by Graham_uk »

Sadly I bought it knowing it had been a Cat D write off. No warranty for me :(
2014 Tekna 1.5DCI (Cat D Write off)
Bullyboy

Post by Bullyboy »

Just a thought does the element only come on if someone is sitting in it ?
All the best
Paul
NOW- Mini Clubman Cooper S ---- WAS a 16 plate Tekna 1.6 dig-t in Gunmetal with Pano Roof
Deleted User 2899

Post by Deleted User 2899 »

Bullyboy wrote:Just a thought does the element only come on if someone is sitting in it ?
Tiz a good thought however I jumped in mine the other day and it was freezing and since the engine takes a while to warm up (and thus put heat into the cabin) I thought it would be a good idea to switch the passenger seat onto HI (nobody sat on it). It took about 5 miles of driving but the heat did come through on it so I would say that nobody needs to be actually sat on it to activate.
Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Why not try and ask a dealer as the car may still be on Nissan's system as within warranty??
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
Deleted User 759

Post by Deleted User 759 »

It does seem to take a while for the QQ seats to heat up!

If it really does not heat up then you need to start tracing the fault with wiring diagrams and a multi meter before you start swapping out parts really!

Getting power to the elements would be the first thing to check, then the resistance through the elements and compare that with the drivers side.

As for Cat D.... Nissan tend to departmentalise their warranty so yes if there was a bump that only affected say the bumper, the drivers seat should not be affected so if its still within its first 3 years, I would be chancing it and say nothing about the accident damage unless they ask! Also, a dealer would be interested in helping you (usually!) within the warranty as they get paid by Nissan manuf to do the work on their behalf
Mike Read

Post by Mike Read »

HAS ANYONE HAD PROBLEMS WITH THE HEATED SEATS. We have 2015 1.5D Tekna. We have had numerous faults with this car from air con condenser, creaking steering, key not recognised, delayed holidays due to Battery fault, blind spot detector faults and now drivers heated seat is not working. All problems have take at least three visits so far. Steering and heated seat will be on their fourth visit next time, last time it was off the road for 4 days, having had a new seat pad and lubricated steering. Heated seat Still not working. Drove 18miles on Saturday and the passenger seat came on within a mile or so, drivers never came on. Then on our return journey the driver seat came on within a a mile. Absolutely sick to death of this car. I am aware of a supposed mechanical fix for the steering which I have thrown back at Nissan themselves, also waiting to hear thoughts on the heated seat issue too. I owned one of the dreaded Austin Allegro( nicknamed Aggro in the trade) and this car is significantly worse than that. So much for a award winning car and factory.
Monkeywba

Post by Monkeywba »

I've had exactly the same issues as well as 2 clutches and DMF and a steering rack. Now I had my seat pad replaced and leather and heated element due to the leather splitting in October last year and i don't really drive the car as I have a van but we have just had a baby and I've been driving the car more and I noticed that the drivers heated seat intermittently works on and off on a journey or not at all! Rang the dealers and their he'd tech said it could be a connection, I'm a field service engineer for a large company and I'm mechanically and electrically trained and minded, I've already checked the connections, I suspect a faulty seat pad elements as the pad gets the correct feeds. Waiting for a reply from the dealers from a technical enquiry again as I'm not taking it in till they have a plan otherwise it sits there for a week! We will see what happens! Got to say the worst car I've ever owned and I woulda have another Nissan again!
Mike Read

Post by Mike Read »

Don't hold your breath over the faulty seat pad, ours had a new one and still not working properly, but I suppose they could all be faulty. How old is the car, mileage and how long you had it. Did the steering rack cure the creaking steering. The clutches and dual mass flywheel concern me.