Power fold Mirror problem

Bodywork & Interior problems
minijay
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by minijay »

Hi Everyone

Sorry to jump on this thread and by all means point me in a different location if it is wrong, but i have a similar issue.

I have a j11 teckna (16 plate) and the passanger door mirror will not fold in using the switch or the menu, the car has gone back to the place we brought it from and they have changed the mirror and tested the door loom and all is fine yet the mirror still will not fold, they then sent the car into Nissan to be tested, after an agonising wait to have a key coded and get this tested they finally came back to say there is a fault in the wiring loom, the BCM is apparently fine, Nissan wanted about 1500 +vat for a new loom plus labour, our garage wouldnt pay out for that under warranty so have decided to find the faulty cable themselves, the car has been in the garage for 2.5 weeks now and no further forward becuase apparently Nissan is being difficult at supplying a diagram, they have tried to get the loom on warranty as the car is only just out of it but Nissan wont budge.

Does anyone on here happen to have a colour detailed diagram of the mirror circuit / where the cables run so that i can pass it to our garage so they can get this fixed and i can get my car back.

currently i have a time share in a Nissan Qashqai and im not happy about it.

Any hekp would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Jay

chosan

Post by chosan »

minijay wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:52 am Hi Everyone

Sorry to jump on this thread and by all means point me in a different location if it is wrong, but i have a similar issue.

I have a j11 teckna (16 plate) and the passanger door mirror will not fold in using the switch or the menu, the car has gone back to the place we brought it from and they have changed the mirror and tested the door loom and all is fine yet the mirror still will not fold, they then sent the car into Nissan to be tested, after an agonising wait to have a key coded and get this tested they finally came back to say there is a fault in the wiring loom, the BCM is apparently fine, Nissan wanted about 1500 +vat for a new loom plus labour, our garage wouldnt pay out for that under warranty so have decided to find the faulty cable themselves, the car has been in the garage for 2.5 weeks now and no further forward becuase apparently Nissan is being difficult at supplying a diagram, they have tried to get the loom on warranty as the car is only just out of it but Nissan wont budge.

Does anyone on here happen to have a colour detailed diagram of the mirror circuit / where the cables run so that i can pass it to our garage so they can get this fixed and i can get my car back.

currently i have a time share in a Nissan Qashqai and im not happy about it.

Any hekp would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Jay
PM your e-mail address and I'll mail you the whole mirror-chapter.
gloucester

Post by gloucester »

Welcome to this forum

Alternatively to the above check out https://cardiagn.com/mirrors-qashqai-j11

(can be a bit temperamental)
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
minijay

Post by minijay »

Hi gloucester

I think this is the manual I got hold of a little while ago, I'll double check but mine does look pretty similar.

I've provided this to the garage and they have looked at it as well as one provided by Nissan after some arguing but apparently the tech wants one with the colours on and the routing of the cables so they can take a look. To be honest I think between them they need their heads banging together, Nissan want to be secret squirrel about it and the tech won't start until someone basically points to the fault. I'm not aware of a detailed colour guide but Nissan apparently has one that they say they will hand over but so far no sign.

From my interpretation of the diagram the fault is with one of 3 cables so surely this cannot be to difficult, I guess it's a case of finding which plug on the bcm it is and the short distance it is I'm sure they could manually follow the cable, I could be wrong, but I has anyone had any dealings with this and any idea on the cable location.

I'm tempted just to get the car back and look at it myself, I was wondering if a couple of new cables could be run from the drivers side over to the passenger side so that it could operate at least. I have not looked at the diagram in great detail to be fair so it may be more difficult than I'm thinking.

The tech seemed to think the diagram was wrong but this was one I purchased for this model before returning the car and getting this one (a whole other story)

I'll check out the link you provided and see if it matches the one I have in case mine is a little older and there were some changes since.

Thanks so much for your help.

Jay
minijay

Post by minijay »

Hi Chosan,

Sorry I missed your post I wasn't ignoring you, I didn't receive any notifications of replies and I refreshed the page and started at the bottom, so I I do apologise.

I assume the section you have is the same as the link above? If so this is the same as the guide I already have, I'm just reading it now.

To me it looks like the switch is independant to the auto close option.

Both the auto close and switch cannot close the mirrors. I'm not sure what they have done but it seems both mirrors no longer fold, I think they may have popped a fuse out to stop me using it whilst we waited to go to Nissan, but I will check with them in the morning.

They assure me its not the bcm which I can only take their word but I can't see Nissan saying that part is fine if it isn't because it would be easy money. If it did turn out to be the bcm would it be as easy as getting another from a breakers, as long as it was the same model, or is there more work involved?

Kind regards
Jay
minijay

Post by minijay »

Hi everyone

I have my car back, after an ordeal getting the mirrors fixed I have finally got the car back, slight exception, the mirrors fold on the button but not via the menu, apparently the issue with the mirrors was the wrong wiring loom on the passanger door, not sure how this happened but we brought the car second hand so I assume someone replaced it with the wrong one, the pins have been moved and we can now fold the mirrors on the button but apparently when it went into Nissan for the fault to be found (they diagnosed a faulty cable and wanted to replace the whole wiring loom) somehow they have remove the power fold from the bcm, now I'm not 100% sure this is true because if they had somehow removed it the menu wouldn't appear would it?

The garage is trying to get hold of the dealer but they are not answering their phones at the mo, they are trying to get a refund for the misdiagnosed fault or to have the car back in to get the power fold reloaded on to the bcm.

Does anyone else on here have a j11 without power fold, if so do you still have the menu to allow unfolding at unlock or ignition?

Does anyone else know how I could possibly activate this as it looks like the option is available it just doesn't seem to do anything.

Kind regards

Jay