Rattling Vents

Bodywork & Interior problems
barca

Post by barca »

Hi Just wondered if any one else has noticed air vents rattling on a 2014 QQ? Mine drive me a little nuts. Dealer getting it again next week though hasn't actually claimed to do any thing to car, just keeps it a while possibly to give me respite or inconvenience me into stopping complaining? Ive had it nearly 4 weeks. 1.6 Teckna CVT.
1.6 CVT QQ Tekna (March 14)

Rob_S

Post by Rob_S »

No rattles of any kind on my QQ.
Now 1.3 petrol Tekna + Gunmetal (Oct-2022)
Was 1.5dci Tekna+ Gunmetal (March 2018)
Was 1.5dci Acenta Premium Magnetic Red (March 2014)
Sudhir

Post by Sudhir »

?? A rattle snake inside ?? You are waking up the snake when you start the engine.
2014 Qashqai Tekna Dci Storm White.
TC3

Post by TC3 »

Rattle free at the moment, hope you get it sorted
Tony ... 1.5 Acenta Premium in Gunmetal

Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Gotta say my vents all seem nice n tight, i played this afternoon directing them all at me for perfect aircon circulationlets hope it stays that way keep us informed how you got on mate
jukester46

Post by jukester46 »

I have rattly vents although I did take swmbo for a curry earlier!
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

My Yeti used to rattle around the speedo housing, I squirted silicon lube around it and it went pretty quickly. I have actually been doing this around all the joints on the QQ as a precaution and the over spray is rubbed into the plastic making it waterproof and keeping them like new. So far not a trace of any rattles or vibrations
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Im an old Dagenham boyThis is a true storyYears ago back when Mk2 Cortinas were around a guy got fed up on production line and started inserting marbles into placesI kid you not it caused a lot of problems lolNot saying yours is the same but if a bit of plastic or something down there might explain a rattle, even a dropped screw
AlleyCat

Post by AlleyCat »

My dad found a can of fizzy drink inside the door of an austin metro (circa 1980).I know the car also leaked like a sieve, both water in and fluids out, and he's never bought new again.
AlleyCat2014-04-11 11:26:51
Nissan no more...
magneticred14

Post by magneticred14 »

Mine has a rattle / vibration from the near side rear. Doesn't start from cold but gets almost constant when warm.Can't tell if it's in the rear quarter panel, in the hatchback or in the roof. I think it may be exhaust heat-sheild something effected by the car warming.Also got a rattle from the glovebox lid when the car is cold, think some silicone spray will solve that.Dealer had it twice now, going in for it's third session on Wednesday to try and identify and resolve.