Rattling Vents

Bodywork & Interior problems
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Welcome to the forum magneticred keep us advised how you get on and enjoy it

QashQaiSteve

Post by QashQaiSteve »

no air rent rattles for me.... yet... lets hope it stays that way although probably jinxed myself now
QQ 1.6dci Acenta Premium Ink Blue
smithy12

Post by smithy12 »

Well at least I'm not the only QQ owner with the squeaking/noise from the nearside. I got the passenger to press the top of the dash near the vent and it stopped , so need to book it back into the dealer for investigation plus the fuel flap doesn't close unless I get someone to pull the level and to add insult whilst wash the car I noticed the o/s/f fog lamp is loose but on a positive side this is my first QQ and absolutely love it especially the 58 mpg at the moment (diesel)
Silverfoxx

Post by Silverfoxx »

Same here, v. annoying rattle seeming to emanate from the near side air vent on the dashboard. When I get my son to hold it or put pressure against it the rattle disappears. Booked into Dealer next Tuesday for investigation so will let you know if it's a good result afterwards. Also 1.6 Tekna CVT as in Barca's previous post.....?Y?•. Apart from that the car is great but I swear that rattle will drive me crazy unless fixed soon ?Y??Silverfoxx2014-06-10 00:49:06
2014 J11 Qashqai Tekna 1.6dci X-Tronic.
Pearl Black, Chrome Style Pack, Chrome Premium Pack.
andrewjoseph

Post by andrewjoseph »

Hello silver fox, welcome to the forum.
tekna cvt mag red
AlleyCat

Post by AlleyCat »

My Rattle, in the same areas as last couple of posts, was sorted for about a week after dealer intervention.But it came back and i've not taken it in again as i doubt there is much they can do about it.I've taken matters into my own hands with various pieces of foam and, apart from on some atrocious concrete surfaces, it's now pretty much gone away.In my case it "appeared" to be the vent but was really a combination of the end cap of the dashboard and the door card coming into contact.Well i think that's what it was anyway.Looking at how the various bits go together it's not the best bit of design i've ever seen.It's more of an irritant than anything else but i like a car to last a year or so before shaking itself loose.
Nissan no more...
Benbo

Post by Benbo »

I also have the same problem of a rattle from the passenger front area of the new Qashqai. I thought that it might be to do with the glove box since the rattle stopped if it was held open and squeezed slightly. It seems likely that all the symptoms described probably have the same root cause. If anyone can define the root of the problem would be very grateful
Ben

Digi-T 1.2 Acenta Premium Jan 2014
F1 Bob

Post by F1 Bob »

Yes, we also have this problem. I found that there is a small plastic insert in the rear of the drop down glove box which was a loose fit and may, or may not, be the cause. I Have secured this with a bit of Blue Tak for now and will see what happens.I have to say that the noise seems more likely to be where the air bag is positioned or around the passenger air vent. If it persists I will book it in but in my past experience these things are hard to track down.
F1 Bob2014-06-30 08:39:32
Pulsar 1.5 dCi Tekna in Bronze
saltylips

Post by saltylips »

I have had rattles from driver and near side vents, something under the bonnet and the nearside back-door. Car is currently in the garage for 3 days to have Dashboard removed and all rattles fixed. This is the 4th time its been in the service centre in 4 weeks : (
muscc088

Post by muscc088 »

Hi saltylips,

I have the same rattle problems as the ones that you are reporting...

Regarding the vents, the rattle was actually coming from under the dash side cap (the one facing the door)... There is a free hanging structure to which i applief foam all around and now is rattle free.

Engine noise: I discovered that this was coming from the top black air intake on the passenger side of the vehicle... The entire structure rattles so i taped some hard foam underneat and now this has also been silenced.

Tailgate rattle: i noticed that the interior top part plastic cover of the tailgate was not properly secured on one particular side. Upon applying some adhesive tape the rattle promptly stopped. It seems like a clip is missing on one side. The car is booked for next monday to have all issues investigated by the dealer.
2014 QQ 1.5 dci Tekna in Storm White + crossover pack + front lip chrome finisher