BUILD "QUALITY"???

Bodywork & Interior problems
woozer75

Post by woozer75 »

Hi. I drive a 65 plate QQ Ntec+ 1.2 DIG-T (Ink Blue). Had from brand new on 01.09.2015. Covered 16k Miles. My issue is with the build quality of the car. If feel its really poor and not up to the demands of UK roads. The glove box rattles and has been back to dealer for this. All they did was stick a bit of foam on the glove box lid and didn't really solve anything. Both front doors rattle. Rattle from centre of dash board. Drivers doors closes with a "loose" sounding noise rather than a solid "THUNK". I really want these things sorted, as rattles are my complete and utter pet hate in a car, but I really do not want to get into a to-ing and fro-ing thing with the dealer where they says its sorted and it isn't. Has anyone else had these sort of issues? And if so how have you sorted them to your satisfaction. My PCP comes to and end next Sept (2019) and seriously considering moving away from Nissan...Shame as love how easy car is to drive and all the tech it has....
65 plate QQ NTec+ 1.2 DIG-T. Ink Blue with Crossover pack

gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

I haven't had those problems but I'd agree the build quality isn't as good as my previous Skodas. I particularly don't like the fact that dropping the driver's window sometimes results in a loud "clunk" as it hits the bottom - and the door lining flexes when the window's raised up again. The leather isn't very good quality either - must try some leather conditioner on it. But there's a lot of good too.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
rod9669

Post by rod9669 »

It's built to a price IMO - loads of toys but not a quality vehicle
daddydoug

Post by daddydoug »

What I find more annoying than the build quality is the awful paint finish on the car. The paintwork seems to chip so easily, and every time I wash the car I find a few new chips have appeared. I've never used so much touch up paint as I have on my Qashqai.

My wife has a two year old Hyundai and the paint finish is far superior. To date her car has only one tiny chip on the bonnet and always cleans up like brand new.
Magnetic Red 2015 Qashqai Tekna 1.6 Dci130 Xtronic. Now replaced with a Nissan Juke Tekna plus in Gunmetal Grey (2021)
switchback

Post by switchback »

I think the paint is made from cheese and the general build quality falls well below my previous Mazda's. Mine has now developed a tapping noise in the boot area as well as the noisy door panels. I've just removed everything from the boot including the parcel shelf and false floor to find where it's coming from before I take it back..
2015 1.6 dci Tekna, AWD.
smartn

Post by smartn »

I have exactly the same problem with rattles from the glovebox (as well as other areas, but mainly the glovebox area). It's been in twice already for this problem and the last time they tried the foam sticky bits (Look ugly and didn't resolve anyhow!). It's due in now for a 3rd time for the same problem. They are keeping the car for two days and also looking at the Aircon as well as that had to be re-gassed at less than two years old so is leaking somewhere. I've also had a failed battery that I had a report from the RAC on as I broke down. RAC said replace, even armed with report took dealler a lot of convincing to replace.

Quality car it is not!
MikeGC
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by MikeGC »

When I was a member of the parallel Juke forum it came to light that a number of 1.2 engines had been incorrectly assembled (engineer's offhand comment to disgruntled owner), IIRC incorrectly installed piston rings.

The paint on my Juke was "soft" and I bought my QQ with that knowledge.
Currently just over 2000 miles in 5 weeks and no interior squeaks or rattles - yet.
Occasional noise from the boot but that's likely to be the odds and sods I have knocking around in there.
March '22 - J12 1.3DIG-T 160 CVT Tekna+ with all wheel drive - Pearl Black
July '19 - J11B 1.3DIG-T 160 DCT Tekna - Vivid Blue
March '17 - Qashqai J11A 1.5dci n-connecta - gunmetal
September '14 - Juke 1.5dci gunmetal ascenta premium (red accent packs)
smartn

Post by smartn »

The build quality is disappointing because in terms of spec, running costs etc it's a great car. Hopefully once I get all these issues sorted I'll get to like the car again.
beetroot42

Post by beetroot42 »

so far I am unhappy with dealer and faults on a nearly new Nissan. So much for a used car been sold to me with "obsessive Nissan check & quality". Just been told I need a new part on steering/suspension, plus a few other things.
I own a used 1.5 DCI N-connecta 2016 machine
Gel

Post by Gel »

Apply a couple of layers of good quality car wax to help protect from chips, especially to vulnerable areas such as bonnet.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D