BUILD "QUALITY"???

Bodywork & Interior problems
beetroot42

Post by beetroot42 »

Gel wrote: Fri May 05, 2017 2:07 pm Apply a couple of layers of good quality car wax to help protect from chips, especially to vulnerable areas such as bonnet.
I have ordered Autoglym polish and super resin polish from Ebay (was cheaper than Halfords!!)
I own a used 1.5 DCI N-connecta 2016 machine

daddydoug
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by daddydoug »

Don't get me started on Nissan's obsessive checks before delivery. The plank who inspected mine didn't even realise that the aerial and sat nav SD card were missing!
Magnetic Red 2015 Qashqai Tekna 1.6 Dci130 Xtronic. Now replaced with a Nissan Juke Tekna plus in Gunmetal Grey (2021)
beetroot42

Post by beetroot42 »

daddydoug wrote: Fri May 05, 2017 2:12 pm Don't get me started on Nissan's obsessive checks before delivery. The plank who inspected mine didn't even realise that the aerial and sat nav SD card were missing!
I had that "missing SD card" lucky I seen the error message before I drove home! Car was back in today for a part change, and asked for my steering to be checked due to some noise when on full lock. They said it needs a new part on the steering/suspension changed. Again why was this not picked up on "obsessive checks"??? I have escalated my dissatisfaction to the dealer HQ, and the sales manager just called me with a standard pitch" to expect all used cars to have faults". Fair enough but not all these I am having on a less 1 year old car!
woozer75

Post by woozer75 »

Had a look at the glove box and have discovered that the hole the latch goes into on the far side of the glove box lid is considerably larger than the latch. The latch therefore moves about about in this hole when the glove box is closed and causes the rattle. I drove over some pretty rough roads with the glove box open and no rattle. Obviously a design fault. But will try and attempt to fix this problem myself as dealer visits just a pain in the ar$e!!!!
65 plate QQ NTec+ 1.2 DIG-T. Ink Blue with Crossover pack
beetroot42

Post by beetroot42 »

woozer75 wrote: Fri May 05, 2017 2:53 pm Had a look at the glove box and have discovered that the hole the latch goes into on the far side of the glove box lid is considerably larger than the latch. The latch therefore moves about about in this hole when the glove box is closed and causes the rattle. I drove over some pretty rough roads with the glove box open and no rattle. Obviously a design fault. But will try and attempt to fix this problem myself as dealer visits just a pain in the ar$e!!!!
worth trying some Sugru around the gap, or rubber tape.
smartn

Post by smartn »

[/quote]
worth trying some Sugru around the gap, or rubber tape.
[/quote]

I put some padding in the gap tonight and it is indeed much better than it was, Can't hear the rattle from the glovebox so much now, but still a few squeaks and rattles elsewhere.
Gel

Post by Gel »

beetroot42 wrote: Fri May 05, 2017 2:10 pm
Gel wrote: Fri May 05, 2017 2:07 pm Apply a couple of layers of good quality car wax to help protect from chips, especially to vulnerable areas such as bonnet.
I have ordered Autoglym polish and super resin polish from Ebay (was cheaper than Halfords!!)
Shouldn't need polish on such a young car, but this
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AUTOGLYM-ULTR ... 2548.l4275
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
beetroot42

Post by beetroot42 »

Shouldn't need polish on such a young car, but this
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AUTOGLYM-ULTR ... 2548.l4275
Too late I had already this last week from ebay AUTOGLYM SUPERRESIN POLISH & EXTRA GLOSS PROTECTION
Thing is my car is getting changed to a white QQ.....will polish actually show any difference to the finish?
etlasr

Post by etlasr »

Qashqai bought new, 2 yrs old now. Has been back to garage 5 maybe 6 times for a glove box area rattle, there from new. Looks like more and more bits of foam padding stuffed in to no avail. I have given up on it ever getting repaired. Pity otherwise a very good car. The lesson to me is when you buy a new car insist that before you sign to take it away you take it for a test drive over a bumpy road. If it rattles at all take it straight back to dealer and tell them you don't want it.
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

Etlasr, have u tried removing the glove box and driving around without it to see if the rattle goes away? Its very very easy to remove, it mostly just pulls away, just be careful with the damper.
etlasr wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:22 pm Qashqai bought new, 2 yrs old now. Has been back to garage 5 maybe 6 times for a glove box area rattle, there from new. Looks like more and more bits of foam padding stuffed in to no avail. I have given up on it ever getting repaired. Pity otherwise a very good car. The lesson to me is when you buy a new car insist that before you sign to take it away you take it for a test drive over a bumpy road. If it rattles at all take it straight back to dealer and tell them you don't want it.