Roof bars for the acenta

Bodywork & Interior problems
Fo77est
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Fo77est »

Hi, I'm a newbie having just purchased the acenta premium, so far very happy with the car. I've just fitted some mud flaps and just ordered some wind deflectors.
Now I'm after some advice/help regarding fitting after market roof bars, I've seen some for sale for £99.00 & £145.00 I believe they are both from China, I've emailed one of the sellers who states these are fitted & bolted externally. So I removed the rubber roof strip from the acenta roof and there are holes where it could be bolted But these bolt holes have what looks like bolts/cut off bolts already in the bolt holes...so my dilemma is do I just remove/drill these out and then bolt after market bars to these holes?
Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks
2014 acenta premium, pearlescent white.

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Fo77est, I would suggest that firstly you should just enter for example "Roof Rails" in the "Search" area and read all of the posts that have been previously posted they might help you.
Why did you not purchase a QQ with the Roof Bars already installed, was it the cost ?
When you start buying Non OEM Nissan Parts (PRC/China) you have to be sure they will fit the QQ and then also are they safe and strong enough. I would suggest a visit to a Nissan Dealer and ask a few questions regarding the fixing and screws, if you screw up it could be a costly experience - Best of Luck Dave ;)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Fo77est

Post by Fo77est »

Thanks for your response....had a look around the forum but can't find anything about what is currently under the acenta roof strips and what appears to be in the bolt holes and if it's possible to remove or drill them out to fit after market roof rails.
Bullyboy

Post by Bullyboy »

With roof bars suggest you buy oem or U.K. Product. If any issues you have come back. Also maybe visit a halfords and ask them although some don't like them they would generally offer some decent guidance.
All the best
Paul
NOW- Mini Clubman Cooper S ---- WAS a 16 plate Tekna 1.6 dig-t in Gunmetal with Pano Roof
Fo77est

Post by Fo77est »

Thanks paul, I was only fitting them for looks not to use maybe I'll give it a miss. Cheers
Craig_Broadbent

Post by Craig_Broadbent »

I would advise against drilling. This will open a hole into your cabin which will probably leak, as well as be a potential corrosion concern.
I suspect it is time to ask Supplier for returns policy.
If you need to fit roof bars across your roof, I would advise OEM parts only as they rely on a matched fit to the roof. Not many aftermarket suppliers will bother. Nissan have a reputation and standards.
If you want some fashion rails, it may be possible to gather parts, but again I would check the Nissan dealer.
Sorry
compact

Post by compact »

I'm in a similar situation, I got a great deal on a Premium, but wanted rails for fit bars for carrying boxes and bikes.

After some searching and YOutube, it seems you can drill holes and attach rails, however when I was speaking to the service dept, the guy was against this due to potentially damaging wiring underneath (he hadn't come across anyone that had done this).

Do you have a photo of cut-off bolt holes?

At the moment I am going to stick with roof bars as a more secure way of carrying bikes etc
Craig_Broadbent

Post by Craig_Broadbent »

If you are going down the roof system route, can I reiterate the Nissan Genuine load carriers are tuned to fit. You can buy other bike carriers. Lots of options available. I would recommend fork mount type if you want most secure.

I understand that roof system is cheaper at the start, but take care to remove all the bits after use, or your fuel bills will increase by 10% according to RAC (that's without the bikes)
https://www.rac.co.uk/drive/advice/driv ... ving-tips/

and do watch out for garages and supermarket entrances etc.

Another option is now available....

www.auxtail.com

Single bike.jpg