plastic bows away from btm windscreen

Bodywork & Interior problems
ausqashqai
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by ausqashqai »

Took delivery of my brand new qashqai from dealer 1 week ago.
Was really excited as I believed I had done my research and made a good choice on this car (model "ST" auto here in AUS).
1 week after collecting my Qashqai, lifted passenger windscreen wiper to find approx 4 to 5 inches length where plastic signifcantly bows away from the bottom of the windscreen and does not join / seal (signifcant gap size, approx 6 mm).

my_qashqai.JPG

Contacted dealer - returning car on Monday.
Has anyone experienced / been aware of this type of issue with Qashqais, or am I just unlucky?
What is the fix for this ?
(don't want to have dealer just patch up with sealer etc - as this is a new car I want it to be in new condition and look new - not "patched").
Concern is that as car is not manufactured here in AUS may be difficult to get fixed properly.

Hoping I haven't made a mistake here by choosing Nissan if their build quality is poor - it's not every day you make a big investment and buy a brand new car.

Any feedback / advice greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Gel

Post by Gel »

Sorry to hear of that; why not post that image on Nissan's local page; usually gets some attention. Doesn't say much for dealer's pdi check either.
https://twitter.com/Nissan_Aus

To my knowledge that issue has never been posted before. :cry:
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

Is that chrome? I've never ever seen a QQ with any chrome trim around the windscreen. Could the dealer have stuck it on to bling up the car?
Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

Twitter / Facebook are really great places to report faults if they are not resolved by the dealer. You should hold off though, to give the dealer a chance to rectify the problem.

Humans or Organisations are not perfect, but how they deal with an issue will show their true metal. Just look at how well British Airways did informing their customers of an IT Meltdown ;)
Gel wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:18 am Sorry to hear of that; why not post that image on Nissan's local page; usually gets some attention. Doesn't say much for dealer's pdi check either.
https://twitter.com/Nissan_Aus

To my knowledge that issue has never been posted before. :cry:
ausqashqai

Post by ausqashqai »

Hi, thanks for your responses.
This is not chrome - photo is just showing reflection from glass onto black plastic.
Contacted dealer on the Saturday - told to call the service centre myself and see if they can fit me in next week. Reflecting on this it occurred to me: 1) no apology I had to return vehicle after 1 week, and 2) dealer not offering to manage / chase up issue for me.
Called dealer back later that same day to give this feedback. Dropping car off today - hoping they will resolve this properly - not just patch up (e.g. with sealer).
PJB729

Post by PJB729 »

It does look like chrome trim in the picture, I hope you get the problem properly sorted. Make sure you give the effected area a good inspection before you leave the garage.
QQ 1.5dci Tekna 2016 Magnetic Red
QQ 1.5dci Tekna + 2019 Magnetic Red
QQ 1.5 e-power Tekna 2024 Fuji Sunset Red.
Philuk2k

Post by Philuk2k »

This just clips back in but would advise getting someone who knows what they are doing as you could crack the windscreen if not done correctly
pimgroo
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by pimgroo »

I also have this problem and have noticed it on one or two other qashqai models up to 2 years old.

Did you get it sorted?
RichInkblue
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by RichInkblue »

Mine did the same brand new as well, appeared after about 2 months they replaced the scuttle panel under warranty took 30mins.
June 2018 1.2t n-connecta, glass roof pack.