Guess on cost for rear light and bumper / body repair?

Bodywork & Interior problems
compact

Post by compact »

Someone drove into the corner of the car whilst parked up.
Trying to estimate costs before visiting a few places wonder if anyone else has had similar.

It seems that the rear white panel will need reshaping and respray
The light replacing
The plastic wheel arch trim replacing (only if the catches are broken)
The is a slight dent and scuffing on the rear panel next to the door, so hopefully that just need knocking out and patch spray

Is there any point replacing the light myself?
If so is it fairly easy? (My Golf was fairly easy).

Thanks

7a588cd7-2ac0-4391-8e1b-715dd371ce07.jpg

IMG_20170625_144321.jpg

IMG_20170625_144317.jpg

IMG_20170625_144329.jpg

IMG_20170625_144324.jpg

Last edited by compact on Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Mail snaps here; they do a good job. Used by leading leasing coys.
http://www.autorestore.co.uk/
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
BigCol

Post by BigCol »

I can sympathise with you compact. I have just discovered similar damage, although less serious, on my 2 month old Qashqai. Mine is also on the back, opposite side from yours. Less paint and panel damage, but will need repairing as the car is practically brand new. Will have to get some quotes from similar companies to that given by Gel above. Have also considered just getting a quote from Nissan and claiming on the insurance.
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Compact, not nice when this type of thing happens. There are several options on these type of repairs as Gel has mentioned. The Mobile Guys normally do great work but it does appear you need some Panell work around the Rear Light Area and Wheel Arch and then as you mentioned the Plastic Clips, but there might be other distortions unseen. It is probably worth shopping around or even contacting Nissan for quotations. Remember also at the end of the day you will be looking at a good Resale Value when you Trade In, so you should go for the best - Best of Luck Dave ;)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Gel

Post by Gel »

Compact, what did Auto Restore quote as a matter of interest?
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
compact

Post by compact »

Hi
Autostore have come back with £604
Repair the two panels
Respray the damaged area, not the whole panel, unless you can see the difference
New Light
New trim around the wheel.

The quote doesn't contain as much detail or as many words as I put above, so going back to them, they missed out the trim around wheel.

I am getting a couple of others, so will see
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

I was rear ended on Wednesday. Offside corner. Similar damage as shown above. Black lower bumper split and caved in, colour coded upper bumper panel has less marks than shown above but they are deeper gouges, almost fully through. Wheel arch trim has pulled away but looks like it will clip back in when the bumper is sorted. The guy who hit me admitted liability straight away, and also via his insurer. Taking the car in later to arrange a quote for my insurer, but will be more than a little pissed off if they just attempt a patchup and paint job on the colour coded upper bumper as opposed to replacing it! Fortunately no damage to light cluster. If I get a price breakdown I'll post it on here.
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

gvmdaddy, whoops sorry to hear of your mishap. Is there no option any more on who and where the Repair Work is carried out for example by a Nissan Body Shop or Other. Does the Owner have the right to decide or is the Ruling factor the Insurance Co. to keep their costs down. Again if it is badly done it will affect the Resale value and you will lose money IMHO, could be wrong though ! - Dave ;)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Gel

Post by Gel »

Nissan may have to inspect after repair to maintain bodywork warranty.
With insurers most allow you to nominate your own, but you wouldn't get courtesy car, but
may well get one from your own Bodyshop.
Insurers often guarantee their workshops work- they now own quite a few, to keep all in house.
This is AVIVA's wording;

own.JPG

Deleted User 3720

Post by Deleted User 3720 »

Just an add on comment for interest. Quotes can differ for damage and of course you want the damage repaired to as new quality if poss. A few pics and a couple of quotes attached for a recent incident, quite a big difference in price.

IMG_4354.JPG

IMG_4355.JPG

IMG_4357.JPG

IMG_4358.JPG

repair estimate1.jpg

repair estimate2.jpg