Autoglym Shampoo & Conditioner

Bodywork & Interior problems
gerryhatrick
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by gerryhatrick »

Hey guys
Does anyone else use this? I bought it on the strength of some great reviews and yes it does clean the car, but it's like washing it with green water. I've tried using more than the recommended dosage but still the suds last for a few minutes and then, green water. Defective bottle or is this normal? I used the polish and sealant afterwards for a great result, but I remain uncertain about how effective the shampoo was. Any views? Thanks.
GerryHatrick. 2011 N-Tec 1.6 Petrol

gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Soap suds are not the be all and end all of the equation. The shampoo does its job ad long as its in the water in the bucket. As for the additional products, they are fantastic! Used them previously on another vehicle and will be reverting back to the full Autoglym treatment as soon as my car is bavk from the bodyshop afterva minor bump :(
Deleted User 2899

Post by Deleted User 2899 »

Mine was the same. I had actually been using my bucket with some anti-tar stuff so I thought that might be affecting the suds so I bought 2 new buckets but it was still the same. Apparently the latest formulation is better in that it suds up a lot more.

I like Autoglym products but have tried cheaper shampoo and to be honest it was just as good.
pylonmaster
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by pylonmaster »

Hiya, Bodywork Shampoo Conditioner isn't supposed to be foamy. It cleans really well, but is low foaming by design.

There is a guide to AG shampoos here https://www.autoglym.com/blog/2017/05/0 ... do-i-need/

Source: I work there, just trying to help :-) Hope thats ok admins.
gerryhatrick

Post by gerryhatrick »

Thanks folks, I'm happier now thanks to your responses. I was only ever used to using the cheaper stuff as i have only ever owned much older cars and so i equate suds with cleanliness.until My QQ is the most I've ever spent on a car and I just want to look after it as best I can. As long as the Autoglym is doing its job and is supposed to be like that, then I'll stick with it. Thanks again.
DD41

Post by DD41 »

If you like Autoglym I use there Aqua Wax excellent and to top off this weekend I used Meguias Ultimate liquid Wax the Ink Blue came up breathtaking....
19 plate X Trail 1.3 DIG-T DCT Tekna Gun metal grey + led kick plates + footwell lights + Chrome lower boot finsher
16plate 1.2 DigtT cvt Tekna ink blue pan roof chome pack/ protection pack / chrome sill protectors / Nissan mud flaps/Spare wheel
Michael

Post by Michael »

If you don't mind putting a bit of effort in, and want your QQ to look good, and be easy clean for a good while, get some wax on there. I did mine with Soft99 Fusso Coat, which they say has a 12 month coating. Car was washed, clay barred (Bilt Hamber), polished (Bilt Hamber Cleanser Polish - by hand), then waxed. Takes an afternoon, or a bit longer, but my weekly wash is about 20 minutes from start to finish. Any rainwater just sits there, and sheets off the car at about 40 miles an hour.
Back to the shampoo, AG is the only one I use, either shampoo, conditioner and I've just started on their HD shampoo, which is superb. I've never found them particularly sudsy but I live in a hard water area. Suds are for looks, not for cleaning!
'16 1.5dci N-Connecta, Blade Silver, bonnet struts
gerryhatrick

Post by gerryhatrick »

Cheers Michael. Have to say, the combination of AG Super Resin Polish and Extra Gloss has given a fantastic protective finish. Still beading away and it's been raining a lot here in Belfast :)