Tapping noise in rear on straight roads

Bodywork & Interior problems
duncho

Post by duncho »

Nomander could you please send me a link to the one you used? Is it mamut or something similar?
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!

Nomader

Post by Nomader »

this is the one i used. we use it in construction all the time to seal joints between different materials up to 1 cm sometimes.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Wurth-Bond-Sea ... B00K19ELQO
http://www.wurth.gr/gr/products/?MG=2&C ... roid=12430
it has nothing to do with silicone. this is very hard stuff, though it remains elastic and can absorb movement between the two edges
it comes in black and grey as well. But the downside of the white is that sun rays will make it yellowish over time.. this is why we usually paint it.. In our case the sun will never see it :)
it can be painted directly. and even though it smells very intense when it dries it has no smell whatsoever.

And use gloves as when this stuff sets it is veeeery hard to get off your hands or remove it fast from hands before it sets
duncho

Post by duncho »

👍 thank you!

rayman
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by rayman »

Thanks Normader 👍
c_a_r_t_e_r

Post by c_a_r_t_e_r »

Hi All,

New member here, just wanted to add an update to this excellent thread.

I'm certain that our 2016 Tekna (pano roof) had this very irritating tapping noise exactly as described. I tried the tape around the tailgate catch solution but this didn't help.

It was driving me nuts so I was on the verge of following Duncho's instructions for injecting sealant into the stiffening framework inside the roof structure - then I realised one day that I couldn't hear the noise anymore. Thinking I'd just tuned it out I've been listening more carefully, but nope - completely gone!

The noise was very audible at around 6000 miles when we got the car home (ex Nissan staff scheme), but appears to have gone now we're at 12000 miles.

I may have jinxed it now however! Perhaps the really hot summer (it's black) softened some sealant or adhesive in the roof area. Just a guess.
Cheers.
rayman

Post by rayman »

I had my car back with the Main Dealers today and looks like the noise problem is solved. :D
They found some movement between 2 metal panels at the back of the car. I think a weld had broken. They repaired it with a spot weld and I had a nice quiet drive home. They said they had come across the some problem once before.
b0n3

Post by b0n3 »

rayman wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:49 pm I had my car back with the Main Dealers today and looks like the noise problem is solved. :D
They found some movement between 2 metal panels at the back of the car. I think a weld had broken. They repaired it with a spot weld and I had a nice quiet drive home. They said they had come across the some problem once before.
Had absolutely the same problem! )
My congratulations ;)
Despite the fact that my Qashqai manufactured in Russia, they have the same issues on the manufacturing line.
P.s: Russian Qashqai a bit different from the UK version. It has underframe from Nissan X-Trail, wider rut and shock absorbers with two channels like Infinity has. This is kind of adaptation for a bad Russian roads.
duncho

Post by duncho »

b0n3 wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:22 pm Russian Qashqai a bit different from the UK version. It has underframe from Nissan X-Trail, wider rut and shock absorbers with two channels like Infinity has. This is kind of adaptation for a bad Russian roads.
That is really disadvantage for EU version as front suspension is noisy. By the way, could you please reply on my private message I sent you a month ago regarding rear lights upgrade? Thx

Starbucks78

Post by Starbucks78 »

Hi all,

Glad I found this thread as I picked up a J11 1.6 DCI QQ with Pano roof last month and have this noise. It's currently back with the dealers with its parking sensors being sorted out, but also because of this noise which I'm highly tuned into now. Even the kids have tuned into it. The dealers tried to blame it on the rear parcel shelf, since I told them I've already had the parcel shelf out and the noise is still there I don't hold out much hope with their second attempt, we'll see.
Anyway I'm more than happy having a go at fixing this myself and quite comfortable being hands on and fixing things in general. But I'm wondering if any of you kind folk could give a little advice on how to go about dropping the headlining at the rear as it's not something I've ever done?

Thanks, Steve.
neoQashqai

Post by neoQashqai »

Hi,
My first post in this forum :) .
I have a similar noise on my 2015 Qashqai Tekna. I would like to remove the headliner myself and apply putty to solve this.

Can somebody who has done it before please share tips on how to remove the headliner, pictures of youtube link would be great.

Cheers