Tapping noise in rear on straight roads

Bodywork & Interior problems
Nileve
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Nileve »

O.K. ....i inject again sealant in the areas mentioned above .....
It didn t stop the tapping....maybe it became a little bit better...i m not sure... my experience is that the tapping noise has to do with the temperature ....in our holiday this summer in france the tapping was all time to hear....
Now with 13 degrees celsius it seems to be better...
I am thinking of selling the car...

Regards
Nileve

Nileve

Post by Nileve »

I injected ...not i inject
Sorry
Nileve
Nomader

Post by Nomader »

if you see the image then you will see that the center part is totally loose. it is probably made this way to absorb deflection. so you cannot prevent it from moving.. what you can do is to constrain it a bit an put the sealant in between the plates so it does not knock on any movement. try to raise the parts i show here and put some sealant between those.

image2.jpg

Nileve

Post by Nileve »

O.K.....I didnt see it in my car because the colour of my qashqai is black and i didn t remove the roof ...
I only bend the end of the roof down a little bit....so it s not easy to see the all the details of the bodystructure

Thanks
Nileve
Nileve

Post by Nileve »

O.K.....I didnt see it in my car because the colour of my qashqai is black and i didn t remove the roof ...
I only bend the end of the roof down a little bit....so it s not easy to see all the details of the bodystructure

Thanks
Nileve
Tan ER

Post by Tan ER »

THIS IS THE REASON OF THE BACKGROUND

duncho

Post by duncho »

This is definitely not the reason. This turkish guy has this problem only because he damaged the rubber part on the trunk cover which I’m even not surprised after seeing how he cares of his car....
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
dan59

Post by dan59 »

Hello,

I tried to access the area indicated by Nomader by removing the roof canopy. I didn't remove it entirely because I think I managed to find the right place to intervene.
However, I did not find the part indicated by arrows on the previous picture. Is that normal?
On my side, I injected silicone in the places indicated in red on my picture. Is that the right thing to do? Is the room that causes the noise the one surrounded in red on the left?
I have a panoramic roof.

Thank you in advance!

dan59

Post by dan59 »

Looking at my picture I think it's the place indicated by a red arrow that's a problem? Is that where you have to slightly spread the silicone and inject it?
If that's the case, I'm a little stuck in the access area because I have the black part that prevents me from going further...
This part appears to be the rear of the panoramic roof flap motor
Nomader

Post by Nomader »

yes you are correct.. you have the panoramic roof that is why... I don't have that.
Inject the sealant everywhere like instructed by duncho in the first post.
If you can not access the area i showed in my post.. leave it for now.. the hole on the left is the primary suspect.. that part that goes into the hole like a tongue moves and hits the sides of the hole (i guess) i bent that a bit to the inside and added sealant on both your right circle and left circle..