Tapping noise in rear on straight roads

Bodywork & Interior problems
dan59
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by dan59 »

Hello
When you talk about the solution presented in this topic you mean filling the space between the second sheets of the trunk with silicone?
Yet from what I read from your feedback, you said that the noise reappeared after a year?

duncho

Post by duncho »

Mine reappeared after 18 months, but it make noise very rarely. The noise is coming from rear side now, instead of rear end as it was before. Important is to release tension in the material. You will notice that it ticks when you slightly bend it with flat screwdriver.
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
Nomader

Post by Nomader »

ok guys.. i reopened everything to check again what caused the noise to reappear.. and i managed to silence it again.
at first everything seemed as i left it last year.. the sealant was there and not broken..
what i did is (and i think this is the main source for tapping noise) removed the sealant over the point shown here in duncho's image.. if you put a screwdriver in that hole and press you will notice the whole center part is loose..
i bend it a bit and put new sealant in there (a lot..i filled the thing).. and everything is silent again

image.jpeg

duncho

Post by duncho »

Nomander thank you for your update, appreciated. Good luck, hope it stays quiet for good.

dan59

Post by dan59 »

Nomader wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:20 pm ok guys.. i reopened everything to check again what caused the noise to reappear.. and i managed to silence it again.
at first everything seemed as i left it last year.. the sealant was there and not broken..
what i did is (and i think this is the main source for tapping noise) removed the sealant over the point shown here in duncho's image.. if you put a screwdriver in that hole and press you will notice the whole center part is loose..
i bend it a bit and put new sealant in there (a lot..i filled the thing).. and everything is silent again
Thank you for your feedback and glad the noise is gone.
Would it be possible to explain how to get to this place?
Do we have to dismantle the entire roof sky? Or just a part?
Can you tell me how you did it?
Thank you.
Nomader

Post by Nomader »

dan59 wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:52 pm
Nomader wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:20 pm ok guys.. i reopened everything to check again what caused the noise to reappear.. and i managed to silence it again.
Thank you for your feedback and glad the noise is gone.
Would it be possible to explain how to get to this place?
Do we have to dismantle the entire roof sky? Or just a part?
Can you tell me how you did it?
Thank you.
dan59,
i will try to quickly explain. though the car is easy to dismantle there is always a risk for you to break something..
-you will start with the rubber seals (trunk and 2 rear doors) remove
-remove the double floor in the trunk if you have one (not the bases)
-remove the 3 plastic screws that hold the roof
-remove both handles for the rear passengers
-now remove both the plastic covers of the rear part of the car.. the top parts (they hold the seat belts for the rear passengers)
-now you have a choice, either to remove the plastics that hold the front seat belts or not. They are hard to remove and can break, but if you don't remove them you might damage the roof (bend a bit) last time i did ut i did not remove them.
now the roof will open up and give you a chance to see the affected area
Nileve

Post by Nileve »

Thank you Nomader for your advice..

I will try it the same way in the next days....

Regards

Nileve
Nileve

Post by Nileve »

I dont want to remove the whole roof. So i bought an Adapter for the sealant " Kartusche" ( sorry , i dont know the english word for it) which i can move to an 90 degrees angle.... to press the sealant into the whole... that makes it easier .....
duncho

Post by duncho »

Nileve wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:16 pm I dont want to remove the whole roof. So i bought an Adapter for the sealant " Kartusche" ( sorry , i dont know the english word for it) which i can move to an 90 degrees angle.... to press the sealant into the whole... that makes it easier .....
Make some photos when you will do it.

Nileve

Post by Nileve »

Nomader wrote:
bend it a bit and put new sealant in there (a lot..i filled the thing).. and everything is silent again

Hello Nomader....how many ml did you inject in each whole?
I don t want to press too much inside ....
Thany you
Nileve