Tapping noise in rear on straight roads

Bodywork & Interior problems
switchback

Post by switchback »

Good idea.........................it's about the only thing I haven't tried yet.
2015 1.6 dci Tekna, AWD.

switchback

Post by switchback »

I tried to find root cause and I noticed it is coming from rear roof top area somewhere behind headlining on left hand side. Partial opening of tailgate has no effect, but when fully opened, sharp metal ticking / tapping noise is gone completely. It is also temperature depended and most cases occurring on bumpy uneven roads when car tends to bend diagonally "left front - right rear / rear front - left rear". I suspect body welding, roof rails fitting or pano-roof bolts.
Just tried that and got the same result, thank you. I've emailed the service manager as he's trying to sort it out. Car is booked in for next Wednesday.....................................Did you find a solution?

Admin.......................Can you please merge this thread with viewtopic.php?f=31&p=51856#p51856
2015 1.6 dci Tekna, AWD.
duncho

Post by duncho »

No not yet, none of visited dealers was able to fix it. I will look at it, but most likely in the next summer when it's warmer outside. Please ask your dealer to take a photo of the modification / fix they will do. It would help me a lot, as now I want to do it myslef. Many thanks in advance.
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
duncho

Post by duncho »

I went to a dealer today with noisy front suspension and as they could not hear what I hear each time when I accidentally drive through potholes, they instead focused on tapping noise from rear. Service man confirmed that this is well known source of noise caused by insufficient welding rear left wing to the roof. As my car is out of the warranty now, they will check with Nissan for a goodwill.
Not that I wouldn't be happy, but I would rather want them to have focused on steering issue which is rather costy for me to fix myself.

switchback

Post by switchback »

They've had mine in for 2 days now and still can't fix it. Hopefully they will make some progress tomorrow.........................don't know what they've done so far.
2015 1.6 dci Tekna, AWD.
duncho

Post by duncho »

Let's see if they'll fix mine. In the end, I don't want to pay anything to Nissan / dealer because of their dodgy weldings on the car body. Seems someone didn't program welding robot properly...

JamppaL
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by JamppaL »

I bought QQ2014 1.6 business 360 model last month and now mine started keeping annoying noise while driving. It can be only heard when going like 50km/h and above. I've tried to tighten everything and press the interior plastics while driving, but I just can't pinpoint the location where the noise is coming. I found video from Youtube that has almost the same sound as mine is doing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyPCLC6_qD8

I think the noise is coming from drivers seat/centre dash and today I actually took the centre dash apart and nothing there seems to make that kind of noise..

Any idea whats going on here? :D
switchback

Post by switchback »

I don't know but its not a...................... Tapping noise in rear on straight roads. If you try a search you will probably find multiple threads that may give you an answer.
2015 1.6 dci Tekna, AWD.
duncho

Post by duncho »

I believe noise is caused by one of loosed B or C welding points

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

switchback

Post by switchback »

Is this a TB telling them to put a rivet in?
2015 1.6 dci Tekna, AWD.