Tekna windscreen replacement.

Bodywork & Interior problems
Sveneng

Post by Sveneng »

I had a stone impact my windscreen this morning and leave a small chip. Came out after work and I've now got a crack running a third of the way across the top part of the screen.

Just for reference it's £907 to replace from Autoglass. I'll be using my insurance so only the excess to pay. Unfortunately it has to go into a centre for all the calibration work.

The timing is poor as it's booked in for it's first MOT on Friday. They can't tell me when they can book it in until tomorrow. Three years old on Tuesday so can't be driven without an MOT further than a test centre appointment but might not be fixed by then.

Just thought this info may be useful to anyone else who needs a replacement in the future.

Deleted User 3720

Post by Deleted User 3720 »

Phew £907! thanks for the info, checking my insurance details now to make sure I'm completely covered on the windscreen.
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

I would have thought that all insurance covers the windscreen. Some policies may not cover full 'glass' scenarios, such as sun roof or panoramic roof unless you have stated that your vehicle has such features. Still, that price you mention is eye watering!
mrbcb

Post by mrbcb »

Same thing happened to me about 5 months ago and it was repaired with a new screen by Autoglass. They did a first rate job and the calibration was spot on. My car is nearly 2 years old and the damage was caused by a passing lorry carrying plant equipment. I reckon the stone flew off a tractor they were carrying. The new screen is as per the damaged one and is heated. Autoglass came to my house and the 2 technicians came with all their equipment . They were very experienced fitters, My car is a 1.6 Dig-t Tekna petrol.
Sveneng

Post by Sveneng »

Had the replacement windscreen fitted this morning. First impressions are positive and everything still works. Just need a cold day to check the heated screen (not long to wait I'm sure!).