Oh Poo! Hit by an elderly driver today

Bodywork & Interior problems
Trabant Dave

Post by Trabant Dave »

Exiting my usual Waitrose car park today I was T-Boned by an old dear in a 20-year-old Polo; she admitted liability immediately but I am so cheesed off; as I am totally OCD about the QQ (amongst other things) and it has really taken the shine off for me.

We treat the car like a flippin' child and this was entirely unavoidable - Wilsons of Epsom were their usual A++++ selves, and did the necessary photos for the estimate, but I keep thinking of all those years where I drove like a twat and got away with stuff, only to get smashed at walking pace by Miss Marple........................ Ironic isn't it?

O/S/F door bad, O/S/R door less so, B-post pinged and outer sill dented.

To be honest I'd have preferred that the damage be terminal but it's not so.

Very bleedin' upset and shaken to the core. Five months old and smashed. Cack isn't it?

Dave

gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

I feel your pain. I was rear ended 4 months ago. Me stationary with a low impact shunt on the offside corner. Minimal damage really, just required a new bumper and rear parking sensors. I was without the car for a week whilst it was sorted. I literally felt sick for the whole week. First bump in 30 years and it wasnt even my fault.
Trabant Dave

Post by Trabant Dave »

Wilsons reckon a 'working week' once authorised for mine and have offered me a courtesy car; it's not going to be a QQ but I suppose it could be worse! If it had been some uninsured scratter in a 2004 Corsa I would be in a less than optimal position.

I have reviewed the dashcam footage and my speed was 2.1mph! The first thing she said was that 'Black cars are so hard to see against asphalt' and that was at half-one in the afternoon which is a tad worrying,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Dave, that must be a Sickener when this happens with a nearly new QQ. Hopefully structurally it ain't that bad so let's just hope that the Dealer gets it back into shape so you can continue to enjoy it - Dave ;)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Trabant Dave

Post by Trabant Dave »

Hi all,

Just to update on the recent invasion of my QQ by a myopic crumbly, I've been a Peugeot 108 driver while my car was being straightened out and collected it this evening - looks like Wilsons of Epsom have done an excellent job; I will be scrutinising every square inch tomorrow in daylight, but from what I can see by torch and petrol station lights, the job's a good 'un. Hopefully I'll get back to enjoying driving the black beauty again.
On a sidenote, my wife has decided that she can no longer stomach trains and buses, and has chosen a Fiat 500 as her wheels of choice; does anyone here have any personal experiences of these cars, good or bad?

I have to admit, I like the look and feel of the Fiat compared with the 108 - it seems to be better constructed and the interior seems to be made of better quality materials too. I was surprised at the Spartan feel of the 108, especially as it was the top of the range model at around 13k new. The Fiat that my wife has her beady eye on is about a grand more on the road, but it just seems a more cohesive vehicle......

Glad to be back in my own car again!
Dave
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

Had one for a week a couple of years back. Its small and basic, but very nippy and easy to drive. I actually quite liked it as a town car.
rod9669

Post by rod9669 »

Have a look at a Toyota Aygo - much more toys for the same price eg reversing camera
PJB729

Post by PJB729 »

The most dangerous place, on the planet, to drive on a Wednesday is our local B&Q, Wednesday is the 10% off for over 65s.

I know because I go for my 10% off :)
QQ 1.5dci Tekna 2016 Magnetic Red
QQ 1.5dci Tekna + 2019 Magnetic Red
QQ 1.5 e-power Tekna 2024 Fuji Sunset Red.