Trickling water sound

Bodywork & Interior problems
Davexnt
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Davexnt »

Hi, I just bought my 1.5 dci teckna and have noticed the sound of running water behind the dash it happens when I pull away or when I rev the engine. I took it back and they replaced the heater matrix but the noise remains. Just wondered if anyone else has noticed this on there qashqai? I did a search on the forum and didn't come up with anything so it's probably not that common! Thanks
2015 1.5 dci , storm white , black addition alloys , crossover pack , genuine chrome side bars .

Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

Sounds like there may be air in the system and it needs bleeding correctly. Or the drain is blocked. Do you get wet carpets?
Davexnt wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:50 am Hi, I just bought my 1.5 dci teckna and have noticed the sound of running water behind the dash it happens when I pull away or when I rev the engine. I took it back and they replaced the heater matrix but the noise remains. Just wondered if anyone else has noticed this on there qashqai? I did a search on the forum and didn't come up with anything so it's probably not that common! Thanks
Davexnt

Post by Davexnt »

No wet carpets ! sounds like it's air trapped in the cooling system . It seams a bit better the last couple of days I suppose any air will find its way the the expansion tank eventually I had the heater matrix replaced last week the garage probably didn't bleed it properly !
2015 1.5 dci , storm white , black addition alloys , crossover pack , genuine chrome side bars .
Deleted User 3871

This is not always the case. There are some systems that are so designed that you really do need to bleed at least part of the system. I'm sure there is at least one very helpful chap who can show a schematic of the bleed points ;)
Davexnt wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:57 pm No wet carpets ! sounds like it's air trapped in the cooling system . It seams a bit better the last couple of days I suppose any air will find its way the the expansion tank eventually I had the heater matrix replaced last week the garage probably didn't bleed it properly !
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

heater.jpg

coolant.jpg

Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
Deleted User 3871

Does not look like there are any special bleed points apart from the area where it says disconnect the heater hose & enhance as high as possible. I guess this means raise it up to get the air out. Looks easy enough to do as the instructions are very clear.
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

This question made me double-check, and I think it might be a misprint. The procedure is duplicated in the service manual for various models, but on some it says "enhance heater as high as possible". This seems to mean "turn the heating controls as high as they will go", which is a common procedure when dealing with this sort of thing. It does appear to have been lost in translation. Raising the pipe is also sensible though.

cool2.jpg

Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
Davexnt

Post by Davexnt »

Thanks guy's for your help this flowing noise mentioned in 13 &14 sounds like the noise I have they must not of blead the system correctly after changing the heater core. I will take it back and mention this to them they can put it right they should have done it right to start with!
PipC
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by PipC »

I have just collected my new Qashqai yesterday. A 1.5DCi Tekna in vivid blue.

As this is my 4th Qashqai, I am very familiar with the car, but noticed when I took it out for today the sound of water sloshing around behind the dashboard like a washing machine just starting its cycle! It is a really strange and alarming noise. I have contacted the garage to book it in. I have never experienced any issues with my 3 previous Qashqai, hence my decision to go for another. It looks superb, just concerned about the noises!

On another matter, neither I nor the sales staff at the dealership could get my I phone 5S to respond to the voice recognition on the bluetooth. Anyone else found this? It wouldn't work with an iphone 6 or 8 either. I think Nissan are supposed to be sending out an Apple Play update?