Please help identify this sensor ?

Bodywork & Interior problems
Lucky13
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Lucky13 »

Hi Chaps

Some kind person has reversed into my car and knocked off the front driver side parking sensor and sensor housing.

I've found the parking sensor and pushed this back into the housing but there seems to be another item hanging from the loom and looks like it should also be located into the housing...any idea what it is and where it goes ?

IMG_8509.JPG

IMG_8507.JPG

IMG_8505.JPG

IMG_8504.JPG

switchback

Post by switchback »

If everything is still working I wouldn't worry about it. If there's nowhere obvious to plug it in it may well be a redundant feature that's not used in your model of car, perhaps something like headlight washer? I think the radar for the FEB is located in that area but you would have a fault warning up if that was the problem.
2015 1.6 dci Tekna, AWD.
Lucky13

Post by Lucky13 »

Thanks for reply, I'm sure it must be doing something as it's actually plugged into the loom rather then just a spare plug.. Not sure what the FEB Radar is ? is that the keyless entry ?
chosan

Post by chosan »

Lucky13 wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:24 am Thanks for reply, I'm sure it must be doing something as it's actually plugged into the loom rather then just a spare plug.. Not sure what the FEB Radar is ? is that the keyless entry ?
My guess is the probe for outside air temperature.
Hound
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Hound »

FEB = Forward Emergency Braking

What are you trying to identify - the device dangling out of the bumper, or just that smaller
one that looks like a plug? Is it a probe, or a plug connector?

The distance sensor is located a bit higher up, and is quite large and rectangular;

distance sensor.jpg

Ambient air sensor is fitted around the area of your mishap. I didn't find a proper picture of
it but this is the location shown. It should be held on by a pawl.

ambient sensor.jpg

Used to have 2015 1.6dCi 130 Xtronic N-tec+ in Gun Metallic
Lucky13

Post by Lucky13 »

Thanks for helping to try and work it out, I'm starting to think it's not a sensor as a search on ebay for Nissan Qashqai air sensor or ambient sensor or just Nissan Qashqai Sensor on either Ebay or Google doesn't bring up anything that looks like the item in the picture hanging down.

By the way where do I get the manual or diagram guides you have posted above ? That would be really handy.

Thanks again for help
switchback

Post by switchback »

It may be the plug that's come off the sensor................Have a look nearby for anything obvious that looks like a sensor.

Edit: Is your outside air temp displaying correctly on the screen?
2015 1.6 dci Tekna, AWD.
Lucky13

Post by Lucky13 »

Thanks it's not just the plug, if you look at pics one and two you will see the unit is already connected to a plug on the loom...I can actually pull it off the plug if I wanted too, so the unit is complete, I just don't know what it does or where to put it...has nobody ever taken this front sensor housing off before as I just need to see one to work out where everything goes.

thanks for helping
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Lucky13, take a look at this Attachment and see if this helps you identify the part - Dave :)

https://nissan.7zap.com/en/gr/qashqai/j ... 535/e/240/
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
switchback

Post by switchback »

Lucky13 wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:23 pm Thanks it's not just the plug, if you look at pics one and two you will see the unit is already connected to a plug on the loom...I can actually pull it off the plug if I wanted too, so the unit is complete, I just don't know what it does or where to put it...has nobody ever taken this front sensor housing off before as I just need to see one to work out where everything goes.
Not sure what you mean. I can see the parking sensor is connected but I wondered if the loose plug had fallen off the outside air temperature sensor which could be located nearby which is why I asked if the display was reading correctly.
2015 1.6 dci Tekna, AWD.