help

Bodywork & Interior problems
Jimmy-11
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Jimmy-11 »

my centre arm rest consol thing (sorry not sure on the technical term) doesn't seem to work correctly...

I can see there are 2 buttons for lifting the cover and also the internal tray together. this doesn't seem to work on mine.

on inspection I cant see any obvious damage so I was wondering if it can be adjusted? if not how to replace the clip mechanism.

any help would be much appreciated
2014 (64) Qashqai Acenta Premium

Bob d

Post by Bob d »

I had a similar problem on my J11. There's no adjustment for the latch mechanism but what you can do is tweak it to work properly (assuming it's not actually broken!) With the armrest up, and the tray down, remove the four crosshead screws on the underside of the armrest. Prise the armrest cover off the lower section. You can then remove the plastic latch assembly by pulling it forward.
Use a hair drier to soften the plastic latch, take care not to melt it, and then gently bend the tangs to restore the spring tension and hold them until it cools, or dunk it in cold water. Slide it back into place and check the latching operation, repeating the heating and bending process if necessary. Clip the armrest cover back into place, put the screws back in. Job done.
J11 QQ N-Tec+ 1.5 DCi Magnetic Red
Jimmy-11
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Jimmy-11 »

Bob d wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:07 pm I had a similar problem on my J11. There's no adjustment for the latch mechanism but what you can do is tweak it to work properly (assuming it's not actually broken!) With the armrest up, and the tray down, remove the four crosshead screws on the underside of the armrest. Prise the armrest cover off the lower section. You can then remove the plastic latch assembly by pulling it forward.
Use a hair drier to soften the plastic latch, take care not to melt it, and then gently bend the tangs to restore the spring tension and hold them until it cools, or dunk it in cold water. Slide it back into place and check the latching operation, repeating the heating and bending process if necessary. Clip the armrest cover back into place, put the screws back in. Job done.
thanks for the idea... ill give it a go at the weekend if I get a chance
2014 (64) Qashqai Acenta Premium