First stonechip/crack window?

Bodywork & Interior problems
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Am I the first to get one?did notice with the huge screen it collected most of the flys living in Norfolk lol but hearing that bang on M11 this morning shocked the life outa me but i couldnt see anything until I got home but the first bullseye now on my screenHow annoying is that for a laugh i might ring autoglass see if they carry replacements lol

korky

Post by korky »

Oh no, bad times.....but it's going to happen as we drive the QQs around...

Edit: how the front camera won't smash from a stone I don't understand?korky2014-04-27 09:35:55
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

front camera is behind the screen mate so safeits nothing abnormal all cars get em just i got a feeling a front windscreen for one of these isnt going to be cheap
F1 Bob

Post by F1 Bob »

Should be covered under your car insurance, just the excess to pay mate. Also it does not go against your NCD.
Pulsar 1.5 dCi Tekna in Bronze
korky

Post by korky »

[quote="Donkey"] front camera is behind the screen mate so safe

its nothing abnormal all cars get em just i got a feeling a front windscreen for one of these isnt going to be cheap
[/QUOTE]

Ahh so what's under the front Nissan badge? Is that the lane departure warning camera?
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

the Teknas have a camera nder the badgemy camera is behind rear view mirror, this reads the white lines for lane departures and speed limit signs etcIll live with the chip until its worse cars not a month old yet and id say id get moreIts not any good to repair mine as already ive cracks growing
PeterL

Post by PeterL »

[quote="Donkey"]the Teknas have a camera nder the badgemy camera is behind rear view mirror, this reads the white lines for lane departures and speed limit signs etc[/QUOTE]
Is that factual or otherwise? I would have thought the two in the wing mirrors would be the logical cameras to detect the lines as well as there being a car or something else in the blind spots?
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.
andrewjoseph

Post by andrewjoseph »

[quote="Donkey"]the Teknas have a camera nder the badgemy camera is behind rear view mirror, this reads the white lines for lane departures and speed limit signs etcIll live with the chip until its worse cars not a month old yet and id say id get moreIts not any good to repair mine as already ive cracks growing[/QUOTE]So you just going to wait until it shatters?I'd suggest getting it looked at now.
tekna cvt mag red
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

shouldnt shatter crack will just spread mateCan confirm theres spiders legs from it so a repair wont be in orderCars not even a month old and hip on lower passenger side I cant even see it from drivers position so ill leave it until it bothers me lolWhen sitting inside car behind the rear view mirror very cleverly hidden is a massive unit you only notice if you get out the car and look through front screenWhen you look from utside the camera / sensor unit is huge as it goes, very cleverly hidden from inside the cabinThis houses the lane departure road signs etc so its safe from stone chips etc
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

Sorry to hear of this, it is so annoying on a new vehicle and all chips are hard to live with.It will be interesting to see if any company has these windscreens as there was a shortage for building new models a few weeks ago, I bet no company has them in stock and will no doubt be waiting for them from Nissan.
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors