Dealer wont fix defects

Bodywork & Interior problems
Zooksport
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Zooksport »

The wife bought her J11a a few weeks ago, and yesterday, we returned it for its 1000 Km (621miles for you folk still using miles).

I mentioned a couple minor issues to the team at the dealer. The dash, has a mark on it that we have not been able to remove with water, or soapy water. We made no further attempts as I see it a a warrantable issue, even if it is minor. It is clearly visible every time you get in the car, and it looks shite.
Secondly, the fabric on the passengers side, (left side for those who drive on the wrong side of the road ;) ....) A pillar at the base of the windscreen is tatty. Again a minor issue, but I did buy a NEW car, not a 2nd hand one.

3rd, the bonnet where it folds over the side of the car and meets the left guard, is slightly (2mm) higher that the guard. It is easily seen as you stand at the rear of the car and look along it's side.

The dealers simply says: "well its a mass produced car, there's not much we can do about it. Sorry"
So I says, BMW is mass produced, would it be acceptable in a Beemer?

Still not feeling like they will do anything about it, but he did say he would ask the boss when he arrived back next week.

Any you lot had minor issues that you couldn't (or could) get fixed? Tell me about it...

dash.jpg

apillar.jpg

Gel

Post by Gel »

Your forum signature gives no clue as to your location; it would do no harm if you posted these pics in a TWEET to Nissan in your country, as those faults are not acceptable in a "new" car; this is the address for Nissan Europe:
https://twitter.com/NissanEurope
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Zooksport, I am not sure where you are based but I live in Germany. We have had a fair few „Defects“ On our QQ of all sorts some minor and one major (new Nissan Connect). I have never heard the comment „No“ from our Dealer. I do Document every issue that rises to show our Dealer or if needed send it in writing to NCS by email. Again this is normally down to the Dealers attitude to its Customers or in fact a Know How Problem.
It does not matter it is a „Mass“ produced car how many are not these days it is normally a Quality Issue or missed at the PDI and they have your money. Keep pushing it ! - Dave :)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
PJB729

Post by PJB729 »

The dealers simply says: "well its a mass produced car, there's not much we can do about it. Sorry"

Your dealers comment is almost laughable, if, when you paid for the car, your payment was 800 Euros short would the dealer be happy with your explanation, " well its mass produced money, there's not much I can do about it. Sorry!...................... I very much doubt it.
QQ 1.5dci Tekna 2016 Magnetic Red
QQ 1.5dci Tekna + 2019 Magnetic Red
QQ 1.5 e-power Tekna 2024 Fuji Sunset Red.
Deleted User 1571

Post by Deleted User 1571 »

You have an early 1000km first service? Why? The first service for mine was at one year or 18,000 miles, whichever came first.

The mark on the dash would disappear with using a dashboard shine detailing liquid over the whole dash with a bit more rubbing in that area. The trim at the windscreen I would leave well alone, but it may benefit from a squeeze.
The bonnet alignment? That's difficult to gauge without several pictures of it.
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

I appreciate this post, were all entitled to opinions, but for me this is a storm in a tea cup. The stain can be cleaned, the trim fraying is so minor it will need a microscope to notice. In 6 months time you will have so many stone chips , tar on the paint, wear, stains and road debris thrown at the car that a 2mm alignment will be the least of your worries. Your not buying a QQ as in investment, its a money pit, as are most cars. Just go drive it.
Last edited by Deleted User 3871 on Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

I tend to agree with daewar. Also you say you’ve had the car a few weeks now, so why wait so long before raising the issues with your dealer. You should have done it in the first couple of days. Who’s to say that the issues haven’t been caused by either yourself or your wife.
Zooksport

Post by Zooksport »

Have been unable to reply until today, so I will do so now: Gel, DaveBerlin and PJB729: I'm in Australia. I fixed my location info. Sorry about that. :roll: I'm not too fussed about the problems, was just curious as to whether I was being a sook or not. I have since made some attempts to clean the dash mark, using some suitable vinyl cleaning products with no luck. It actually feels like something heavy was resting against the dash, and has rubbed. The cushioning behind the surface has a slightly softer feel than that either side of the mark. I removed the A pillar and cleaned up the fabric with a dab of glue and a hot knife. Easy fix. No magnifying glass required. While I had it apart I installed the dual dash cam. The Bonnet (Hood) I will probably just leave it. Have a couple pandbeater mates that I will discuss with, before dropping it completely though.

Quacker: 1000km checkup. No service, just checking for leaks and tightness of various things as decided by Nissan. Free, and they wash it too!. Mind you, next time I'll tell them not to bother, we had to do it again, as they didn't do that great a job.

Daewar and gvmdaddy: I'm sorry that I have such high standards but $25,000 is a reasonable amount of money, so why shouldn't I query things I'm not happy with? My wife and I are in our 50's, and this is our first EVER new car. Unlike perhaps yourselves, we clean and maintain our vehicles often. (We sold our 2006 Jeep Limited with 195,000kms in January on the same day we listed it. And we got top end of the Red book value, 3 times the price we were offered as a trade-in) We also don't have Snow/Salt/Sleet, and half the rainfall you lot get.

I drive my own vehicle usually, and I never saw the mark on the dash until a few days later, when the wife drove us somewhere. Until then, I had been in the car once. From the dealers to home, and I drove, and the wife drove her mums' loan car back to her mothers. Are you suggesting that warrantable issues must be directed to the dealer immediately? Or could it be that I was so concerned about the 3 issues I mention, that I decided to wait 3 weeks to discuss it with the dealer.....

Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

Hi Zook,

Please dont take things so personal, we just expressed an opinion. We cant see everything you can see, we cant touch it, or smell it. So we can only comment on your description.

The one thing I would change with my previous oppinion, given your updated and more detailed dash fault. It sounds more than just a mark, but a manufacturing defect, its there in front of your face and no hiding it, so I would be asking for this to be replaced.

One, more thing. I do wash my car, its an anual event, but only when the weather is nice enough to get the BBQ out ;)
Zooksport wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:19 pm Have been unable to reply until today, so I will do so now: Gel, DaveBerlin and PJB729: I'm in Australia. I fixed my location info. Sorry about that. :roll: I'm not too fussed about the problems, was just curious as to whether I was being a sook or not. I have since made some attempts to clean the dash mark, using some suitable vinyl cleaning products with no luck. It actually feels like something heavy was resting against the dash, and has rubbed. The cushioning behind the surface has a slightly softer feel than that either side of the mark. I removed the A pillar and cleaned up the fabric with a dab of glue and a hot knife. Easy fix. No magnifying glass required. While I had it apart I installed the dual dash cam. The Bonnet (Hood) I will probably just leave it. Have a couple pandbeater mates that I will discuss with, before dropping it completely though.

Quacker: 1000km checkup. No service, just checking for leaks and tightness of various things as decided by Nissan. Free, and they wash it too!. Mind you, next time I'll tell them not to bother, we had to do it again, as they didn't do that great a job.

Daewar and gvmdaddy: I'm sorry that I have such high standards but $25,000 is a reasonable amount of money, so why shouldn't I query things I'm not happy with? My wife and I are in our 50's, and this is our first EVER new car. Unlike perhaps yourselves, we clean and maintain our vehicles often. (We sold our 2006 Jeep Limited with 195,000kms in January on the same day we listed it. And we got top end of the Red book value, 3 times the price we were offered as a trade-in) We also don't have Snow/Salt/Sleet, and half the rainfall you lot get.

I drive my own vehicle usually, and I never saw the mark on the dash until a few days later, when the wife drove us somewhere. Until then, I had been in the car once. From the dealers to home, and I drove, and the wife drove her mums' loan car back to her mothers. Are you suggesting that warrantable issues must be directed to the dealer immediately? Or could it be that I was so concerned about the 3 issues I mention, that I decided to wait 3 weeks to discuss it with the dealer.....